SASS Wire Forum

tell me what you KNOW about century ams pw87

Throckmorton,23149

I have a friend considering one of these, and it seems i've read more bad than good on these. 

Can ya'll help me out with experiences with them ?

thankee kindly !

I have one. It took several hours of reading, rubbing, filing and polishing to make it cycle a cartridge from the magazine to the chamber and eject a spent case. Getting the extractors to work and the ejector to knock the last empty out of the action is a real pain. 

Awkward is a word that comes to mind if you have played with one. But they look cool! 

Buy one from Lassiter. If not using it for CAS ask him not to do his drop two mod as it makes loading the magazine almost impossible. 

If using for CAS get the Lassiter drop two mod. 

There was an IAC for sale in the merchant corner. 

I have one I use every now and then. Got it for a little over $200.  It wouldn't eject the last hull. I spent a little time shaping and grinding and took care of the problem. Only way I could get it to work was to grind the pin the keeps the lifter from raising up too high. It now ejects the hulls just fine, but can't load from the magazine tube, because the lifter rises too high. This isn't a problem for me since I am only using it for cowboy and can load 2 from the top, and don't plan on using the tube magazine. It fires and cycles/ejects 2 rounds just fine. For the price, and for what I am using it for, I am very happy with it.  Out of the box, for general use, not a great gun.  

Archived