SASS Wire Forum

Surrender

Subdeacon Joe

If only the optimism and the sigh of relief could have prevailed.  If we have learned anything since then is what was stated before..."Eternal vigilance is the price of Liberty!"  Thank God for the service and sacrifice of the men and women of our Armed Forces! :FlagAm:

The end of a war that cost the lives of 80+ million lives, about 3% of the world population at the time. All the friends that I knew who served during WWII are all gone. I do cherish their stories and for some of them, the memories haunted them until the day they passed. 

Unfortunately, I believe the sacrifices of those who went before are being ignored and forgotten by most of the younger generation.

:FlagAm:

28 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

The end of a war that cost the lives of 80+ million lives, about 3% of the world population at the time. All the friends that I knew who served during WWII are all gone. I do cherish their stories and for some of them, the memories haunted them until the day they passed. 

Unfortunately, I believe the sacrifices of those who went before are being ignored and forgotten by most of the younger generation.

:FlagAm:

True for all who have served over the years.  No one knows because no one has taught / is teaching them the true history that came from those times.

Society in general has a short collective memory.

Archived