SASS Wire Forum

Raffle for the Four Aces "1111" SASS number

wyliefoxEsquire

So who is the lucky winner?

18 hours ago, Major BS Walker Regulator said:

Heck, I'll pay for your next years membership if you stop posting for that year.

Yeah that won't happen lol

Phantom, I'm pretty sure his comment was a joke... At least I hope so...

2 minutes ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

Why???

So it's wrong to think an idea is wrong???

That makes one...evil??? Negative??? Just a BAD person???

See, folks equate my disagreement with the giving of an old SASS number for a SASS Scholarship raffle with having a disagreement with the SASS Scholarship Fund.

No so. 

But I guess it makes some folks all warm and fuzzy inside to make personal attacks...so...Cowboy Up you Cowboys!!!

:lol:

On 9/2/2019 at 10:07 AM, wyliefoxEsquire said:

It could be possible SASS only wanted a few to enter.

Maybe there was someone specific they wanted to win?

This raffle was launched in June- it was advertised! It was on the SASS homepage on the website for 3 months, and was also in several member bulletin email broadcasts to all members. 

I can assure you we wanted a whole lot more entries that we received- it is for a great cause- the SASS Scholarship! 

I'm not a fan of your insinuation. 

Misty

Then please answer why the ONLY email I was send from SASS was on the DAY OF the drawing.

This thread had close to 1,000 views in less than two days.  

I wonder how many of those who viewed it, just learned about the raffle based on this thread.

There is a saying in sales, "Those with complaints, at least have an interest.  Good or bad, you never hear from those who do not care."

Just maybe sending the email three months ago would have increased the interest and entries.

You could have even had someone start a "promotional" thread, months . . . weeks ago.

There are many members out there who care.  You need to give them a chance.

1 hour ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

Sorry Mr. Boomstick, I forgot to add the smiley face to my post not realizing others don't know we are Pards. .

1 hour ago, Major BS Walker Regulator said:

Sorry Mr. Boomstick, I forgot to add the smiley face to my post not realizing others don't know we are Pards. .

Please take into consideration the fact that many felt that my even mentioning the issue of how folks identify their participation (and other's), in this game by their SASS membership number, was somehow on a high level of evil...

So now we know that one's badge number is absolutely meaningless...cool...

Cheers!

;)

2 hours ago, wyliefoxEsquire said:

Then please answer why the ONLY email I was send from SASS was on the DAY OF the drawing.

This thread had close to 1,000 views in less than two days.  

I wonder how many of those who viewed it, just learned about the raffle based on this thread.

There is a saying in sales, "Those with complaints, at least have an interest.  Good or bad, you never hear from those who do not care."

Just maybe sending the email three months ago would have increased the interest and entries.

You could have even had someone start a "promotional" thread, months . . . weeks ago.

There are many members out there who care.  You need to give them a chance.

I can certainly appreciate your point. It was a short term raffle that would’ve benefitted from a wire post in addition to the direct emails (one that was sent in June), the homepage ad, the post on FB, and the promoting during EOT. 

I can’t change it now, but what I can do is promise that I’ll do better in the future to include making wire posts about SASS promotions. 

Thank you for your feedback and interest. I only wish you’d offered the criticism without the insinuation of something shady- when you bring our (my) integrity and the integrity of the raffle into question, it’s simply not ok- and certainly not contributing to the success of SASS. 

Misty

Archived