SASS Wire Forum

Raffle for the Four Aces "1111" SASS number

wyliefoxEsquire

OK, I'm confused.

Some folks seem to be indicating that SASS numbers and aliases are transferrable and inheritable.  

Other seem to indicate that numbers (and aliases) are personal, and should not (or cannot) be sold or inherited or re-assigned.

Which is it?

LL

48 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Why not just donate without the hook of a false membership number?

Not a false number.  This was my idea, not SASS's.  Call me and I'll give you the full story:   214-336-8840.  Every detail as I remember it some 32 years later.

9 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

OK, I'm confused.

Some folks seem to be indicating that SASS numbers and aliases are transferrable and inheritable.  

Other seem to indicate that numbers (and aliases) are personal, and should not (or cannot) be sold or inherited or re-assigned.

Which is it?

LL

"Circumstances" dictate what can be done.  All needs to be done with the agreement of the SASS HQ, or in this case, the Wild Bunch themselves.   Generally speaking, no, numbers are not transferable, and not re-issued;  but in this case I don't profit, the beneficiary is the SASS Scholarship Fund, so the WB agreed.

5 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

False in the sense that the person that gets it probably wasn't around the game when 1110 or 1112 was issued.

Since this is clearly being done in a public forum, I don't think anyone will be under any presumption that they've been in SASS longer than they, themselves present.  Numbers were not always assigned in a straight chronological order.  Batches of numbers (Badges) were given out to various representatives in parts of country to sell memberships.   In fact, I still wonder what happened to the "200"s.  I don't recall ever seeing a badge in this series.  Like I said, call me and I'll give you the full story..

Hey just saw this. A great cause and 100% legitimate. All proceeds going to sass scholarship fund. That is a real number and alias that has the rare blessings of  the wild bunch to be transferred. Could this possibly be the coolest number and alias combination in existence? I think so! Dusty B.

Not true. You are buying a chance to win a desirable name and number,giving the money to the scholarship fund and writing off as a charitable contribution. Everyone wins but Griff and James who are kind enough to donate the 4 aces moniker.

3 minutes ago, Dusty Boddems said:

Not true. You are buying a chance to win a desirable name and number,giving the money to the scholarship fund and writing off as a charitable contribution. Everyone wins but Griff and James who are kind enough to donate the 4 aces moniker.

Like I said, all is good... But if there are folks out there praising the SASS scholarship program, just give!!

I guess some need an incentive to give.

Phantom

17 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Like I said, all is good... But if there are folks out there praising the SASS scholarship program, just give!!

I guess some need an incentive to give.

Phantom

Yeah...so I’m pretty new to SASS and didn’t know about the scholarship fund until this ad yesterday. When I saw the ad I thought “neat idea.” What I have noticed though is that you tend to be pretty negative about just about every thread I’ve come across which you are commenting in. I don’t get it. I came from other sports to SASS because of the people...the way you seem to put people down on these forums reminds me of the other sports. Of course, I’m not asking you to change...just thought you’d want to know how you come across to a new guy. I guess I should probably steer clear of the forums. 

Never made this personal... But it's funny how you folks... That are calling me negative... Are.

I like to consider other side's of issues and topics. Sorry if some of you only like to tell the emporer how nice his clothes are.

I purchased tickets almost immediately when I saw it. My own son actually wanted a similar alias to what is being offered.  Good cause and neat potential alias. 

Good luck everyone.

12 minutes ago, Major BS Walker Regulator said:

Heck, I'll pay for your next years membership if you stop posting for that year.

Is this "The Cowboy Way"?

Or...the way of a SASS Regulator??

Nice...

Heaven forbid that anyone have a different take on issues...better we ALL think as one...nice...

Phantom

5 minutes ago, Sassparilla Kid SASS #8968L said:

Man, sounds like somebody might be jealous their number doesn't read the same upside down?

Oh yeah...like it's sooooo important to me:lol:

Perhaps I should get my wife or kids to join in on this discussion so that we can "Like" the same comments.

:lol:

I never received this email....

Which is O. K....... my membership number has 2 pair in it. That's cool enough, but I still can't remember what it is when I fill out a entry form.

And I have no idea where my badge even is. 

Archived