SASS Wire Forum

Inside of a TBM/F Avenger

Chantry

There’s an Avenger at the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola. It’s huge! It was like standing next to a B25.I built a model of one when I was a kid with my dad’s help. Very cool plane.

4 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

There’s an Avenger at the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola. It’s huge! It was like standing next to a B25.I built a model of one when I was a kid with my dad’s help. Very cool plane.

The Pensacola NAS Museum is awesome! 

1 hour ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

Required basic equipment for the crew must have been bones made of rubber and a big box of band aids.

And giant man parts.

I don't suppose that these people could have found someone who would actually fit the plane and didn't have such an obvious need to keep talking even when there was nothing left to say.

There's one at Planes of Fame in California and there may be one at Yanks Museum nearby.  All of the Yanks planes are supposed to be airworthy.

11 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

What he just affirmed was that if the plane was going down the radio operator and gunner had a slim to none chance of getting out.  As in the case when Bush went down off of Iwo Jima.

If the Avenger was a high altitude aircraft it would be different. But being a wave skimmer the chance of survival was slim.

14 hours ago, Ethan Cord said:

The Pensacola NAS Museum is awesome! 

I never get tired of walking through the museum and try to go over at least once a year.

Any one planning on visiting should plan to spend the whole day there.

It's grown so much since the first time I remember going in the early '80's.

10 minutes ago, Chief Rick said:

NASP Naval Aviation Museum virtual tour.

Probably the only reason I would consider crossing back over the Mississippi. ;)

Archived