SASS Wire Forum

what am I doing wrong

I've had some significant health issues this past year and lost lots of arm and upper body strength as well as ruptured bicep tendons in both arms. So I've got a cow elk tag in October and have been working up loads for my 358 win and 300 sav both in Savage 99's. Trying to build up some arm strength and muscle memory I began hoisting the rifles to firing position out the back window aiming at various objects out in the yard and beyond. But, the curious thing is that with the 358 I am always coming up to the left of my target when the rifle locks into my shoulder but with the 300 I come up dead on target in the scope. WTH? Any ideas what could be going

Check length of pull on both rifles. The left of target would be a longer lop. Could be muscle memory is off from the bicep injuries. Your mileage may very. Found after left bicep tear and surgery, my rifle tended to point left. Shorter muscle.. worth a try.

Could be length of pull, could be cheek weld. It also might be the girth if the stock where you grip it at the rear. I would lay both guns next to each other and do some measurements. 

These shotgun measurements can be just as viable when comparing rifles.

33009D59-B709-4C55-BB82-DBF6A62FE327.thumb.jpeg.dda9e14acec4da56a70a6b0c268862c5.jpeg

Archived