SASS Wire Forum

Gonna be a great day - I can tell

Alpo

I decided to cut the front yard. I stepped in not one - not two - but THREE fireant mounds.

Then when I brushed up against the azealas, a wasp hit the back of my hand.

I can hardly wait 'til after lunch.

Probably need to go back inside, put your sleepwear back on, tuck yourself back in bed, and get back up after dark!! 

Thank you Alpo. 

I was just waxing eloquent a couple of days ago about missing North Carolina. 

Your post, Kit’s post about the hurricane and Trigger Mike’s post about humidity and firearms pretty much cured it for me...

Thank You. :D

On 8/31/2019 at 12:54 PM, Blackwater 53393 said:

Probably need to go back inside, put your sleepwear back on, tuck yourself back in bed, and get back up after dark!! 

Well, at least if he does this we get to see a study of all the nasty critters that comes out after sundown! :o

On 8/31/2019 at 10:08 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Thank you Alpo. 

I was just waxing eloquent a couple of days ago about missing North Carolina. 

Your post, Kit’s post about the hurricane and Trigger Mike’s post about humidity and firearms pretty much cured it for me...

Thank You. :D

My daughter and her husband just moved to North Carolina.  I tried to tell them but they don't listen to me.  Never did.

20 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

My daughter and her husband just moved to North Carolina.  I tried to tell them but they don't listen to me.  Never did.

My wife and daughter don't listen either. When I'm proved right, I always ask them, "What do we say?"

(Dejected voices), "The fat guy is always right."

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

They’ll tough it out the first year under the delusion that “This is better because...”

Then a Wolf spider will be found in the kitchen and when they go to kill it a hundred baby spiders will launch from Mama’s back in a hundred different directions...

Then they will be cleaning gutters and encounter the seven foot long black snake that is sunning itself in the gutter...

Then they will be restacking the wood pile and discover the nest of copperheads that moved in this past Spring...

Then they will decide to wash their car in the yard to also water the lawn on a hot day and discover that fire ants like water but not flooding...

I could go on, but why?

@Alpo,

You need to order one of these to solve your ant problem.

shutterstock-81890218.jpg.434536dcc4cb24045737737b2edf1ce7.jpg

No, I generally do good enough with this.

61qtAmG6yyL._SX425_.jpg

Problem is you have to find the mounds first. Second problem is that I found them with my feet - not with my eyes.

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

They’ll tough it out the first year under the delusion that “This is better because...”

Then a Wolf spider will be found in the kitchen and when they go to kill it a hundred baby spiders will launch from Mama’s back in a hundred different directions...

Then they will be cleaning gutters and encounter the seven foot long black snake that is sunning itself in the gutter...

Then they will be restacking the wood pile and discover the nest of copperheads that moved in this past Spring...

Then they will decide to wash their car in the yard to also water the lawn on a hot day and discover that fire ants like water but not flooding...

I could go on, but why?

Sounds like here, but we got no copperheads.  I'm told that of 23 native North American poisonous snakes we have 17 within a score or so miles of here.  Almost five years and have to see even one.

3 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

My wife and daughter don't listen either. When I'm proved right, I always ask them, "What do we say?"

(Dejected voices), "The fat guy is always right."

They moved there strictly because NC does NOT tax retired military pensions and Arizona does.

BTW, the fat guy is not always right, but he's never wrong!

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

They moved there strictly because NC does NOT tax retired military pensions and Arizona does.

BTW, the fat guy is not always right, but he's never wrong!

I was stationed in North Carolina. Nice place, nice people, but I'll stick with Arizona. 

10 hours ago, Alpo said:

No, I generally do good enough with this.

61qtAmG6yyL._SX425_.jpg

Problem is you have to find the mounds first. Second problem is that I found them with my feet - not with my eyes.

Here in North Texas Ortho Max is much more effective at killing fire ants than Amdro. 

Archived