SASS Wire Forum

Prayers for Florida!

Florida is bracing for a possible direct hit from Hurricane Dorian over the weekend.  :o

1280013152_HurricaneDorian-Satelliteimage.png.1bd466e37120e102eff2db15c37959cc.png

Loading several posts to the SALOON forum today as WiFi and Internet connections may get lost as the storm approaches. ;)

Boarding up the house today and tomorrow and getting ready to hunker down. :ph34r:

See you on the other side. 

Oh Lord. I hope it weakens.

I have friends all over the state, including ones in Port St. Lucie.

The ones around Clermont usually ride these things out pretty well, but it's still a worry.

I guess I better start sending some Knee Mail.

Ham radio Hurricane Watch Net. is scheduled to start 5 PM this date.

I'll be listening to these firsthand reports, watching on-line reports and pressing the patellae into the pile on your behalf, and on behalf of all that are affected!

Free advice omitted as you're better set to know what's needed, looking forward to your After Action Report (and sincerely hoping it starts out "Well, that was a big nothing!")

Link to the Hurricane Watch Net!

And the weather guessers have panicked an entire state into evacuation and are now saying oops we guessed wrong it’s going to hit a couple states away 

38 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Better safe than sorry.

In what other profession can you be wrong so many times and still have a job 

8 minutes ago, Henry T Harrison said:

Economics and earthquake prediction come to mind.  Pollsters in the last presidential election didn't do too well either.

Predicting landfall when a storm is 3-4 days out is a real crapshoot. Over the past few years the European computer model have been the most accurate for predictions and it’s showing a northern turn.

Bu I recall back in 92 when Andrew was predicted to turn north when it hit the Gulf Stream. But it continued straight west and devastated the city of Homestead and surrounding areas. We live 2 hours north and had family members from there as guests for quite a while. Their house was totaled.

Having lived a half century in Florida and lived through more storms than I can remember, I know well that predicting a Hurricane’s course is sometimes a coin flip. All you can do is prepare as best you can and get ready to hunker down or hit the road.

53 minutes ago, Henry T Harrison said:

Baseball, hit 3 out of 10 and you’re cool. 333average gets you about 10 million a year!! Don’t get me wrong I love baseball I’m just sayin’................

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Baseball, hit 3 out of 10 and you’re cool. 333average gets you about 10 million a year!! Don’t get me wrong I love baseball I’m just sayin’................

The difference is these people claim to be scientists 

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 8:46 AM, Henry T Harrison said:

And the weather guessers have panicked an entire state into evacuation and are now saying oops we guessed wrong it’s going to hit a couple states away 

Better to sound a false alarm than later say "Oops, we didn't see that one coming..."

Evacuate, run for your life we’re all going to die. Oops we were wrong it’s going to rain a little. These are the same “scientists” that are decrying global warming yet can’t even predict what state a hurricane will strike.

Archived