SASS Wire Forum

Just remembered the Old SASS Days

Modern Day Cowboy

Just wondering about the old SASS folks.Been years since I've shot / had many fun times out in Coto, Norco, Cajon etc. 

Some are still around. Many have passed unfortunately.

http://lazybobranch.homestead.com/Angels.html

There’s a few old timers left at the Cowboys and Cajon. Some of them don’t shoot anymore. Over the last few years quite a few have passed or moved out of state.

20 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

There’s a few old timers left at the Cowboys and Cajon. Some of them don’t shoot anymore. Over the last few years quite a few have passed or moved out of state.

Howdy MDC.  Good to hear from you.

I fit at least two of the three categories above: I don't shoot any more and I moved to Arizona.  Some debate on the other one.  :blink:  :P

MDC, you ol’ dog. How the hell are you?

I moved back to Granola Land a few months ago. Shot with The Cowboys a couple of times. Out of commission right now due to a motorcycle crash, but getting better every day.

Good to see you’re still around. :D

9 hours ago, Modern Day Cowboy said:

Just wondering about the old SASS folks.Been years since I've shot / had many fun times out in Coto, Norco, Cajon etc. 

Now there's a voice from the past!  How the heck are ya?!

2858379_ModernDayCowboy.jpg.6ab1b2f96214eb5692e3e37d73e147ec.jpg

3 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Howdy MDC.  Good to hear from you.

I fit at least two of the three categories above: I don't shoot any more and I moved to Arizona.  Some debate on the other one.  :blink:  :P

Keep us informed if you are planning any changes....And you still did not throw me a rope to drag me out....

Texas Lizard

Wow  Utah Bob, I knew many on your list, Pat Riot great to here you are alive and kicking, Mayo still in Reno? Howdy 40Rod, Arizona I have many relatives out there. Doc loved all the pictures over the years, Y'all have a wonderful evening, MDC who is hanging in Palm Desert looking after the Irish Cattle Companies Ranch, having a wee drop of the good stuff.

MDC, yep, alive and kicking. :D

Mayo is still in the Reno area. I doubt he could be pried away. 

Bottles, get that man a bit more than a wee drop. ;)

13 hours ago, Modern Day Cowboy said:

Wow  Utah Bob, I knew many on your list, Pat Riot great to here you are alive and kicking, Mayo still in Reno? Howdy 40Rod, Arizona I have many relatives out there. Doc loved all the pictures over the years, Y'all have a wonderful evening, MDC who is hanging in Palm Desert looking after the Irish Cattle Companies Ranch, having a wee drop of the good stuff.

Don't know where he lives, but Mayo still pops in now and then.

JHC

Howdy Utah Bob,

Thanks for maintaining the Cowboy Memorial page. It had been a while since I last visited the page, boy how time passes quickly. Hope you're doing well and can return to shooting.

Vaya con Dios, Keystone

3 hours ago, MAYOBARD SASS #13025L said:

Been reenacting and acting instead of shooting.

9D28F300-3BE1-42F7-8CC0-EFBADE140F8B.jpeg

I did a couple three of those a long time ago, it was a hoot. Bad part was I was younger than most of the gang and could fall down and get up better than they, so I usually got to be the bad guy and get shot. :P

JHC

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 6:42 AM, Modern Day Cowboy said:

I'm still around but your probably don't know me because I did all my shooting in the East.  But if you saw the movie "One-Eyed Horse" you would have seen me as the Mexican in the crowd.   Unfortunately I don't compete anymore because of health issues but I did come back to visit at the last Pennsylvania State Championship.

I'm still around, but have been too busy with family stuff to shoot much. I've got about 400 rounds of .44-40 brass that has been sitting on my loading bench...for about the last 3 years! Just haven't had time to get to them.   I hope to get to a shoot with the Sand Creek Raiders in the near future, if and when the weather cools off. Temps in the 90's are just too warm for this ol' man!  The Colorado Shaketails, where I started in CAS moved their home range too far for me to get to. :(  Sadly, some of the pioneers in that club have passed, notably Cathouse Bill Blatner. 

Archived