SASS Wire Forum

Guns on order

Smokewagon Forty-Five

2018 was a bad year for me to try to get into SASS/CAS! One set back after another! I have been a SASS member for about two and a half years now. I joined a local club Rio Salado Cowboys but only made it to two practice shoots over a year ago.  I started to get the things needed but got held up with the last two things, the Smokewagons!! I placed my order with Buds Guns today!! I am looking forward to my first shoot!

8 hours ago, Smokewagon Forty-Five said:

2018 was a bad year for me to try to get into SASS/CAS! One set back after another! I have been a SASS member for about two and a half years now.

Good choice on the guns. I joined in '92, got married the same month, a daughter came along a year later, then a divorce straight from hell in 2000 - I didn't actually shoot a match til eight years after I joined. During that time, I never renewed my membership, and my number was assigned to someone else in '98, so I had to join again!  :wacko:

The good news:  you are in AZ and not in CA.

I have to wait 30 days between each of my 5 revolvers, and 10 days each between two rifles and a coach shotgun.
My last revolver will get delivered by the FFL around October 1.

Bud's is not the lowest price, nor the fastest ship, but they are very reliable.
A typical purchase from Bud's is 14 days from order to delivery.
They hold ACH (bank cash transfers) for 7 full days before processing the order.
Shipping is another 7 days for long guns, or 2-day air for hand guns.

I have made multiple buys from Tombstone Tactical in AZ.
They have a sub-office in Chino Valley for those that live up in the Prescott area.

I'm happy it is working for you.
My bride is still keeping score, and I am picking up brass until we are fully equipped and have some practice under our belts.

11 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

BG-next time call these guys to hunt down what you want.

It's owned by a long time SASS member/shooter.......

http://www.fortcouragearmory.com

OLG

Just fixing your link, or trying. Both give me a 404 error?

Look forward to seeing you on the range.  Don't get to shoot Rio, 4 hour drive, but shoot other shoots in AZ.  A lot to choose from.  

F o r t  C o u r a g e  A r m o r y

"The Original Gunshop without the Attitude"

Comes up just fine!  Good link, GJ

SW45 -

Good to see you can get started shooting in matches!  

Thanks again for that Garand.   May shoot it tomorrow, in fact.   (John C Garand was a genius.)

Good luck, GJ

9 hours ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

SW45 -

Good to see you can get started shooting in matches!  

Thanks again for that Garand.   May shoot it tomorrow, in fact.   (John C Garand was a genius.)

Good luck, GJ

Good to hear from you Sir, how is my baby, I know you are treating her well! Yes John Garand was a genius!

SW45 glad to see you get started. I used to live in Chandler, moved up north to Chino Valley when I retired. Moved in with my partner in life Barb, a few months ago , now living in Prescott Valley. I shoot my first match on September 8th with the Whiskey Row Gunslingers out of Prescott. Hope to shoot with you one of these days, much cooler up here in the high desert. I'm getting my guns from Tombstone Tactical in Chino Valley.

AG  SASS# 108735

Archived