SASS Wire Forum

22 pistol showdown

Dirty Dan Dawkins

Being familiar with the Mark II, I  bought a Mark IV stainless target with a 5.5" barrel for a decent price.  And I was really favoring a 5.5" length over shorter or longer. NIB. Not a fantastic price but I think pretty fair at $395 ($425 shipped). The Target Hunters are $675 -near $800 range not including shipping. LGS has one for $750. I can replace the sights for Williams Fire Sight and get target hunter grips from Altamont another roughly $130 total and be a pretty happy camper.

Ruger 40103 Mark IV Target 22 Long Rifle 5.5" 10+1-img-1

On 9/1/2019 at 11:07 PM, J.D. Daily said:

Until the Mark IV, Rugers are a bitch to reassemble after field stripping.  I have a Mark II that I have stripped a couple of times.  I now will only strip it when it is so dirty that it doesn't cycle.  If I shot it more I'd buy the aftermarket conversion that simplifies the task.

P.S. I once loaned it to relatives who wanted to return it as cleans as received.  They followed the owner's manual to disassemble; however, it was a basket case when returned.  After a couple of hours trying to reassemble they gave up.

I have a Mark II also. I got it 2nd hand. It was so dirty I couldn’t see down the barrel. Once I cleaned it and spent considerable time to reassemble, it worked only OK. It would jam every once in a while by having the next round hit the feeding ramp and split the bullet head. I contacted Ruger, they said send it in for a look see. Maybe it would cost me $85.00 service fee. I got it back fixed with a report of 100 rounds shot by them with no jams. NO CHARGE!

So now tell my about this ‘aftermarket conversion’. Is there somewhere I can investigate it?

Thanks,

Cactus Jack 

21 hours ago, Cactus Jack Calder said:

I have a Mark II also. I got it 2nd hand. It was so dirty I couldn’t see down the barrel. Once I cleaned it and spent considerable time to reassemble, it worked only OK. It would jam every once in a while by having the next round hit the feeding ramp and split the bullet head. I contacted Ruger, they said send it in for a look see. Maybe it would cost me $85.00 service fee. I got it back fixed with a report of 100 rounds shot by them with no jams. NO CHARGE!

So now tell my about this ‘aftermarket conversion’. Is there somewhere I can investigate it?

Thanks,

Cactus Jack 

It is the Majestic Arms 3.2 Speed Strip Kit for Ruger Mark I, II, III & 22/45.  Midway USA has it listed for $54.99.  If you do a DukDuckGo search you'll find it for less.  https://www.eabco.net/Speed-Strip-Kits-for-Ruger-Mk-I-II-III-and-2245-_p_13702.html

Archived