Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tequila Chase

SHOPPING FOR APP ONLINE

Recommended Posts

Any recommendations where I can buy APP online?  I can't find it locally so that's out of the question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Are you close to Slidell, Louisiana? Alliant Black MZ is $9.99/pound at Sportsman's Warehouse.

 

https://www.sportsmans.com/search/?text=alliant+black+mz

Edited by Three Foot Johnson
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've used a LOT of it - probably purchased at least 125 pounds over the past few years. Same patent process as APP and the now-discontinued Goex Pinnacle. Get yer hands on one of SW's $10 off a $50 purchase/$30 off a $150 purchase coupons and get another 20% off. ;)

100_2267.JPG

SWcoupon.jpg

Edited by Three Foot Johnson
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I misinterpreted TC's subject line.  I thought he was looking for an "app" online.  I thought, "hell, your phone is full of them.  Pick one."

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

I misinterpreted TC's subject line.  I thought he was looking for an "app" online.  I thought, "hell, your phone is full of them.  Pick one."

GOGGLE, APP and see what comes up :lol:

OLG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@The Original Lumpy Gritz I looked at the APP website and their vendor list, with the exception of Gander Mountain, is outdated.  Many of the places listed around here either don't carry it or are out of business.  Thanks anyway Pard. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tequila Chase said:

@The Original Lumpy Gritz I looked at the APP website and their vendor list, with the exception of Gander Mountain, is outdated.  Many of the places listed around here either don't carry it or are out of business.  Thanks anyway Pard. 

 

Call'em and ask....

OLG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tequila Chase said:

@The Original Lumpy Gritz I looked at the APP website and their vendor list, with the exception of Gander Mountain, is outdated.  Many of the places listed around here either don't carry it or are out of business.  Thanks anyway Pard. 

 

Did you try to call them? Pretty sure they'll sell direct to you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scarlett Darlin of Bullets by Scarlett carries APP.  She sponsors and attends a lot of matches.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple times a year APP runs a SASS special on case lots of powder.

 

Here is the last notice. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too bad your not coming to Gunsmoke next month, I have a case left to sell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

 

Did you try to call them? Pretty sure they'll sell direct to you.

 

Tyrel - I've called them twice before and it goes straight to someone's voicemail and I've never gotten a call back.  I tried again today, same story.

 

1 hour ago, Abe E.S. Corpus SASS #87667 said:

Scarlett Darlin of Bullets by Scarlett carries APP.  She sponsors and attends a lot of matches.

 

Abe - thanks I think I'll see her at either Comin' at Cha or the TN State Championship, I'll send her a message.

 

36 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Couple times a year APP runs a SASS special on case lots of powder.

 

Here is the last notice. 

 

 

 

 

Sedalia - I didn't know that I'll go to their website and sign up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to Sportsman Warehouse and bought a pound of Black MZ @ $9.95/lb it's cheap.  I've heard it's the same, same patent number and all.  My initial concern is that it doesn't list if it's 2F, 3F.  I opened the container and it looks about to be 3F so hopefully it will perform the same.  The whole reason I rushed out is because I'm going on the road for a couple of months and I'm going to do 2 shoots while I'm gone and I'm about 200 rounds short.  I keep them separate, use them for warm up and see how it shoots.  I guess I can now wait until the last week of the trip to place an online order, still have to figure where I'm going to get it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

That was quick - ya must be right across the river! You're correct that the granulation is about what APP 3f is. Lots of smoke, very little fouling. I use it in everything from .32-20 to .56-.50 to 12g. I might even have used it in 10g... I'd have to check my logs.

 

I used to be REALLY stocked up on the stuff... :lol:

100_2622.JPG

Edited by Three Foot Johnson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

That was quick - ya must be right across the river! You're correct that the granulation is about what APP 3f is. Lots of smoke, very little fouling. I use it in everything from .32-20 to .56-.50 to 12g. I might even have used it in 10g... I'd have to check my logs.

 

I used to be REALLY stocked up on the stuff... :lol:

100_2622.JPG

 

 

So I see.  Yes I'm about 16 miles from the LA line and about 20 miles from Slidell.  Glad to know about the graduation being 3F I shouldn't have to change the powder measure to get the same load.  Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Abe E.S. Corpus SASS #87667 said:

Scarlett Darlin of Bullets by Scarlett carries APP.  She sponsors and attends a lot of matches.

You’ll see me at Tennessee!  Can’t do Comin’ at cha because of my own state match. Let me know as soon as you can if you want more than a couple of pounds at TN...

 

Big hugs!!

Scarlett

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

You’ll see me at Tennessee!  Can’t do Comin’ at cha because of my own state match. Let me know as soon as you can if you want more than a couple of pounds at TN...

 

Big hugs!!

Scarlett

 

@Scarlett  will do, please PM me with price when you get a chance.  Also I'd want 3F.  I'm going to try the Black MZ at Comin' at Cha and make my decision from there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.