SASS Wire Forum

Trainee Forgot Something Important

Subdeacon Joe

· 3 hrs · Edited · 

A few days ago a Trainee left behind his Field Training Officer after clearing a traffic collision. The FTO was not happy! Luckily the driver of this bus was able to give him a ride off the freeway. Let’s just say this was a HUGE learning experience for the trainee.  Stay Safe!

Image may contain: outdoor

Hah!

Don’t believe it for a second. :lol:

20 minutes ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

So they're telling us the FTO didn't have a walkie talkie to call his partner with, and had to catch a bus??  Phooey.

Also didn’t have a phone and no other units in the zone? :D:P

My first thought is that you can see the microphone for his radio there on the front of his shirt. BS flag thrown.

But then I read it again.

The bus gave him a lift off the freeway.

Man on foot on the freeway.

Not a good thing. Even if he calls another cop it's going to take a few minutes to get to him, and we have man on foot on the freeway.

Bus right there, pick him up, take him to exit OFF the freeway. Then let him out, while rookie returns to pick him up.

That actually seems possible.

Y'all's responses seem to be thinking that the rookie left him at 1st and Elm, in a neighborhood, and he had to catch a bus back to the station. But that ain't what it says.

I can’t even find the article! 

I'm calling BS on the forgot part............

FYI-In Ca, there are couple of endorsements for bus drivers that are given by the CHP(School Bus, GPPV)and the examiner will ride in the location that officer is in. 

I will bet you that picture was taken on a closed course for a skills test-BTDT when I held a CDL.

OLG

36 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Your google-foo isn’t working?

I just assumed it was in SDJ’s link.

Archived