SASS Wire Forum

For the ladies...

Ladies, tell me if this is not how you feel when your man gives you flowers.

15669172763117677291730011.jpg.172d9ff5f94b54a033c032c23f62bbf9.jpg

12 hours ago, MizPete said:

Dunno.  It's never happened.

My husband is similar in that respect. We lived across the street from a wonderful florist for 40 years. They were Japanese and their flower arrangements were very arty.

The only flowers I ever got were when Hubby would do something electrical for them. He rarely, if ever, charged them. He would get me an arrangement.

The last Valentines Day before our divorce I bought a nice bouquet for my wife like I usually did. When I got home she was in a bad mood and railed on me completely out of the blue over something trivial, and never even looked at the flowers. I was so upset and angry that the next day I threw the flowers in the trash and kept the vase to put stuff in. Little did I know at the time that she was seeing someone behind my back and she apparently had a big V-day fight with him.

Anyway FKCGG, didn't mean to spoil your thread. In the early days when I bought her flowers her eyes would always light up.

Back in the early 80's when dried flower arrangements were all the rage, I bought my new wife an arrangement to go on the bedside table.  One night when the power went off in the middle of the night, I lit my zippo lighter to see what time it was on the clock, and WOOOF!  Those dried flowers go up fast!

I sent my wife a dozen of the nicest long stem roses to her work a couple weeks ago. Our 30th anniversary. She kinda went like that.:D

Bought all 3 of my exwives flowers and my exfiance flowers on holidays, birthdays, or just some days at random - they loved them when they still loved me, not so much when they no longer did. Now my dog gets that look when he gets treats, so I suspect he ain't seeing someone else yet. 

Archived