SASS Wire Forum

My new Alias

Tex Wilson

This past weekend I went to my local range to practice. I met 2 of the Range Officers there and they were both official Arizona Rangers, in fact one of them was a SASS cowboy whose alias is Tramp. They were both very helpful and Tramp took a lot of time answering my questions and giving me lots of useful information, since I am a greenhorn in this game. Anyway, I decided that in respect for who they both were and what they do as real Arizona Rangers I would change my alias. I am no longer going to be known as Arizona Ranger Captain and I've changed my alias to Arizona Gunfighter. I talked to Misty at SASS headquarters and she checked my new alias to make sure it was not being used and subsequently changed it. On another note, I will be shooting my first match on September 8th with the Whiskey Row Gunslingers in Prescott AZ. Let the game begin!!!

Hopefully my new alias will show up with this post.            

Arizona Gunfighter

4 hours ago, Rattlesnake Slim said:

Arizona Gunfighter,

When you meet Turquoise Bill on Sept. 8th, volunteer to help with the Wednesday side matches at Winter Range. You'll be glad you did!

Howdy Rattlesnake Slim, I'm meeting Turquoise Bill and some other pards for breakfast this coming Thursday, I'll be sure to ask him about volunteering for the side matches at Winter Range.

22 minutes ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Welcome to the game, now go get yourself a good hat

Imis

Thanks Imis Twohofon, got a Stetson that I really like.

A.G.  SASS #108735 

Welcome to the fun and consternation that is SASS. ! ( Oh , youll find out what I mean, LOL )  practice your shotgun reloads...safely.. a LOT before each match the other guns are (almost) a gimme if you do that.   YEE HA

2 hours ago, Throckmorton,23149 said:

Welcome to the fun and consternation that is SASS. ! ( Oh , youll find out what I mean, LOL )  practice your shotgun reloads...safely.. a LOT before each match the other guns are (almost) a gimme if you do that.   YEE HA

Ain't that the truth!  As a greenhorn myself (started this past February) I can tell you loading shotgun and gun transitions are time killers (at least for me).  My other big change in thinking is "fire and forget" once you fire at a target don't bother to see if you hit it or not just move on.

1 hour ago, Tequila Chase said:

Ain't that the truth!  As a greenhorn myself (started this past February) I can tell you loading shotgun and gun transitions are time killers (at least for me).  My other big change in thinking is "fire and forget" once you fire at a target don't bother to see if you hit it or not just move on.

I'm not fond of shotguns, I don't have one yet. Will be borrowing some from club members so I can decide whether I want to get a coach gun, a 97, or an 87. I will be careful loading them,  just to be safe.  I will probably be ok with pistols and rifles. I'm not looking to be fast, I will work on accuracy first, maybe the speed will come later. I'm just wanting to have fun and hit the targets I'm aiming at. If it takes me a minute or more to shoot a stage, that's just fine with me. My times at this point in the game don't matter as much as being safe and accurate. Being a greenhorn does give you an excuse. ;)

AG  SASS# 108735

Archived