44D1A02B-B528-41F6-BDEB-01E2AB165769.jpeg

340B993D-C4A2-4F1C-BAF7-9C169836CF61.png

71C8EC92-7C2E-4CDF-8C08-3BB6848C147B.jpeg

FA45981D-9FB4-4A84-ACA9-06CC74FBAA70.jpeg

99F2C66F-1DFE-4141-9463-7B029CF28980.png

B720BF55-F5B1-4ECF-9FE2-584C5C26C18F.jpeg

227477252_YulLose.png.89a5223fe54f9f26f8090bdce0397ede.png Yul,

Those are hilarious. :D

Unfortunately, many find it hard to learn English which results in poor spelling.

43673950_WhyEnglishishardtolearn.png.9c7418a3c65d599d70377fbf9095dd9f.png

I bought a "Pardner Pump" 12 gauge shotgun a few years ago, and it was stamped okay on the receiver, but the barrel was roll stamped PARDNER RUMP!

0516161936.thumb.jpg.8a7f14ffd0ad5b9bfc1c7ff4f2959c9a.jpg

0516161939a.thumb.jpg.5fc99dadfa645ffdbc16ff4347add77c.jpg

I feel sorry for anyone who only knows one way to spell a word.

(My English teachers did not agree with me.)

Duffield

That's like asking the teacher how to spell a word and she says, "Look it up in the Dictionary."

If I knew how to spell it, I wouldn't need the Dictionary! :blink:

I saw an SUV with soaped writing on the windows. Someone obviously loved someone enough to block their vision with their messages of love. 

The back window said:

”You are the wimp beneath my wings” <_<

At a bridge in Quechee ,VT. that many have jumped from to commit suicide. They put up huge signs and phones to call for help. it is printed in large letters " Help is avaliable" . If you were an English teacher I bet it would encourage you to just jump!

I dunno whut all this tauk is about Inglish.  As Henry Higgins said in "My Fair Lady", "In America they haven't spoken it for years!" <_<  Actually, we don't speak English! As a matter of fact, we don't exactly speak the same language from region to region!  Some Virginians I've known come from the "Sooth".  Get them to "tawk" to someone from Brooklyn!  Doesn't sound the same as someone from "Down East" Maine... ehyup! :rolleyes:

It's surprising how we can forgive spelling since we know that someone is trying to say.

Even with auto check we may get a laugh, but in the end we read it right anyway.

Here's a good example:

1843752122_Icanreadthiscanyou.png.5863e9a64ceccb21ae839b82d15cce66.png

Several years ago at an elementary school open house I quietly pointed out to my son's teacher that she had spelled a word wrong that she had put on the blackboard (remember those?).  Anyway, she was thoroughly embarrassed even though I pointed it out to her privately.  My son didn't do too well in her class and I always thought it was because I had pointed our her mistake.  For what it is worth, my son went on to graduate high school with a 4.11 GPA (honors classes) and is now a physician so I don't really think HE was having a problem in the class. 

Jersey Bratt is from up East. I am a Tennessee boy. We have some interesting conversations. She does not understand how I can pronounce a variety of 4 and 5 letter words( not necessarily dirty ones) in two or more syllables...Before I lost it I had brown Hayur, she sits on a chayur, we live in Mufbuh-(Murfreesboro)and go to Shebvul-(Shelbyville) 0ffun-(often).

Imis yes I know the last part of my alias is gobblygook

31 minutes ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Jersey Bratt is from up East. I am a Tennessee boy. We have some interesting conversations. She does not understand how I can pronounce a variety of 4 and 5 letter words( not necessarily dirty ones) in two or more syllables...Before I lost it I had brown Hayur, she sits on a chayur, we live in Mufbuh-(Murfreesboro)and go to Shebvul-(Shelbyville) 0ffun-(often).

Four or five letter words in two or more syllables.  )))

you tell her ‘bout drivin’ fitty, sitty mahlnahr on country roads?

1 hour ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Four or five letter words in two or more syllables.  )))

you tell her ‘bout drivin’ fitty, sitty mahlnahr on country roads?

Ok, now you guys sound like my wife.  

For years this sign was a landmark for making a turn off the highway to get to The Ozarks Posse range.

The sign has unfortunately been changed.

IMG-9375.thumb.JPG.250eba4acc3b495fd0dcc520411289a5.JPG

Archived