SASS Wire Forum

Winchester 121-131-141 extractor needed

Bugler

In 1968 my dad gave me a Winchester 131 7 round magazine fed bolt action .22lr rifle for Christmas. I shot many thousands of rounds through it and many years later I gave it to my nephew as a starter gun for him.

To my great surprise last week I looked at a Winchester 131 in a pawn shop here locally and guess what....it was my old rifle....I recognized the sling swivel location and where it got messed up when dad was drilling it.

They wanted $40.00 which I paid instantly, it has a head ache however, which is why I am sure that my nephew pawned or sold it outright to them.

The problem is that the left hand extractor is damaged and will not extract or feed rounds from the magazine. The right hand side seems to be readily available...not the left so it may be a constant problem child.....The left hand side also acts as a bolt stop.

This rifle was also sold by Sears as the Model 2C.....neither is a very expensive rifle and mine doesn't even have a serial number as it was not required before the GCA '68

I would like to get it running again as a memory of my Dad and my first rifle.....

Thanks to all for reading, bigger thanks if you can help me!!

Randy

PS. If anyone has any extra magazines I would be keenly interested in those as well.

Worth it to get the li'l rifle back afield, but they surely are proud of them li'l boogers, aren't they?  :huh:

26 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Worth it to get the li'l rifle back afield, but they surely are proud of them li'l boogers, aren't they?  :huh:

Yep. They are the only place I found that had em. It seems that left extractor is the weak link. You can find right extractors nearly everywhere that sells parts for these rifles. 

Archived