SASS Wire Forum

I Love Colorado!

Stopped by our local drivers license office today as my DL expires the end od October. No appointment necessary, took eye test answered a few questions and paid $28. 10 minutes later I'm out the door with my 5 year temporary. Hard to beat that!

17 minutes ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

No worries....I don't own an AR! I do have a Concealed Carry Permit, pretty easy to get also!

You no worry - me Beau Coup worried, and I don't even live in Colorado.

I loved the place before California took over.

Duffield

I like to think Colorado is divided into 3 territories......eastern plains, east slope and western slope. The majority of the people (and transplants) live on the east slope, the rest of the state probably contain 25% or so of the population. The county I reside in has a population of less than 25,000 people. Down in my area in the SW part of the state, California has NOT taken over .....and we do just fine.

7 minutes ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

Duffield

Here is what happens when eco tourism takes over.

Where has all the wildlife gone: CPW officials cite 50 percent drop in Eagle Valley’s elk population.

2 minutes ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

I like to think Colorado is divided into 3 territories......eastern plains, east slope and western slope. The majority of the people (and transplants) live on the east slope, the rest of the state probably contain 25% or so of the population. The county I reside in has a population of less than 25% of the people. Down in my area in the SW part of the state, California has NOT taken over .....and we do just fine.

I am just a simple hillbilly so I may not understand your situation.  I thought that the legislature is composed of representatives elected according to the number of people in their district, thus the majority of the people control the majority of the legislators, who will make laws to please their constituents, so that they can get re-elected.  Is your part of the state immune to control by these legislators?  Could this be a problem?

Duffield

46 minutes ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

...I don't own an AR!

Well, easy to remedy that, Sir. ;)

AR stands for American Rifle so why not?

Or is it Awesome Rifle? I can never remember.

:D

Colorado is like so many other western states, such as WA, OR and NV. The majority of the state is rural and conservative, if you're just counting the actual land mass. But the majority of the actual population is amassed in the large cities which are mostly liberal. Here in WA if you were to take a giant saw to the border of Seattle/Tacoma and let it fall into the hole you'd be left with a state that would be mostly conservative and pro-gun, but the state would also lose 2/3 of its population!

58 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

Well, easy to remedy that, Sir. ;)

AR stands for American Rifle so why not?

Or is it Awesome Rifle? I can never remember.

:D

I don't own one because I don't want one. All of my rifles (except for CAS) are all bolt actions, which I LOVE!

3 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Nice. Now try to buy a 20-round AR magazine.

I don’t have to. I stocked up before the ban went into effect. Thanks to Magpul. :)

BEE5CCE3-E50B-4863-8AD6-CA20915CD90B.jpeg

7 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Colorado didn't require you to get the new "real ID"?

Ike

I’ve had one for a while. Even our old licenses conformed to Real ID requirements.

1 hour ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

I don't own one because I don't want one. All of my rifles (except for CAS) are all bolt actions, which I LOVE!

You sir are a lucky man. I always felt my life would be so much simpler and easier if I wasn't so attracted to expensive planes, fast cars, powerful guns and beautiful women. Alas, I can only afford one of the four. :(

2 hours ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

I sold my last bolt gun to a deer hunter several years ago. Good rifle, put venison on the table for several years.

I DO have another in mind. However... then I'd want to take up long range shooting and right thar's another hobby!

I use 2 of mine for hunting big game....a Ruger M77 in 25-06 and a Custom commercial Mauser in .300 Wby. I also have a .220 Ackley Improved Swift and a Marlin ,17 HRM I use for prairie dogs. I have 3 03 Springfields and a couple of pre 64 Winchester M70's. Plus 4 bolt action .22 rimfires.

I do like bolt actions and shoot them all!

6 hours ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

Duffield

That is the truth.  The state has changed a lot in the last 20 years and not for the better.  Actually considering leaving to live someplace that isnt California east. 

6 minutes ago, Still hand Bill said:

That is the truth.  The state has changed a lot in the last 20 years and not for the better.  Actually considering leaving to live someplace that isnt California east. 

Been here in the 4 corners area for 25 years and it hasn't changed all that much.....that's why I loved it.

10 minutes ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Been here in the 4 corners area for 25 years and it hasn't changed all that much.....that's why I loved it.

Let’s start a secession movement. :lol:

When we first moved into Colorado in 1969, there were bumper stickers that said, "Don't Californicate Colorado!"  Well, they done it! :angry:  Place has turned dark blue! And I don't mean the skies, or the "purple mountains majesty"!  Congressional districts have been gerrymandered 'til who flung the chunk! I'm too old to move, so just have to grin and bear it. 

4 hours ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Colorado didn't require you to get the new "real ID"?

Ike

Military IDs are on the list of real IDs. Just throwing it out there. 

BS

25 minutes ago, Barry Sloe said:

Military IDs are on the list of real IDs. Just throwing it out there. 

BS

An active duty friend of mine was unable to buy ammo in California with his military ID recently.

They demanded a CA driver license.:wacko:

I would never live anywhere near Denver or Boulder. Or in the I25 corridor.

My county is just north of Big Sage’s. Population 2,000. Solid red.

9 hours ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

I like to think Colorado is divided into 3 territories......eastern plains, east slope and western slope. The majority of the people (and transplants) live on the east slope, the rest of the state probably contain 25% or so of the population. The county I reside in has a population of less than 25,000 people. Down in my area in the SW part of the state, California has NOT taken over .....and we do just fine.

Until the leftists get enough votes in the eastern part to out vote the rest of you.  It will happen in Arizona, too.  probably the last state to fall, but it will happen.  I hope I don't live long enough to see it.

This morning I went to renew my Arizona license which expires next month. Got my picture taken filled out 1 page of paper work and was out in 15 minutes. Set me back only $25 which included the Travel ID.

Arizona is starting to turn blue now, lots of people coming here from California to escape taxes. Both of the large cities, Phoenix and Tucson are becoming more and more liberal while the rural areas are still conservative. Moved up north to Prescott Valley when I retired, the air is clean, not a lot of crime and the cowboy lifestyle is still alive and well.   

On 8/26/2019 at 7:29 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

An active duty friend of mine was unable to buy ammo in California with his military ID recently.

They demanded a CA driver license.:wacko:

Damn fine reason to NEVER go back to California.  Forty years was more than enough.

4 hours ago, Arizona Gunfighter said:

This morning I went to renew my Arizona license which expires next month. Got my picture taken filled out 1 page of paper work and was out in 15 minutes. Set me back only $25 which included the Travel ID.

Arizona is starting to turn blue now, lots of people coming here from California to escape taxes. Both of the large cities, Phoenix and Tucson are becoming more and more liberal while the rural areas are still conservative. Moved up north to Prescott Valley when I retired, the air is clean, not a lot of crime and the cowboy lifestyle is still alive and well.   

Hey AG, how about we go get breakfast some place (and some time soon)?  I've been here for nearly five years now and don't even remember much about the unnamed state to our west.

Forty Rod, Monday mornings will work best for me.  I do like the Blue Hills Café on Highway 69 and Bradshaw Mountain Road. If not to your liking, pick another restaurant somewhere in the PV area, I'm flexible.

AG  SASS #108735

5 minutes ago, Arizona Gunfighter said:

Forty Rod, Monday mornings will work best for me.  I do like the Blue Hills Café on Highway 69 and Bradshaw Mountain Road. If not to your liking, pick another restaurant somewhere in the PV area, I'm flexible.

AG  SASS #108735

Forty prefers trendy sidewalk cafes with a French menu. :P

7 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Forty prefers trendy sidewalk cafes with a French menu. :P

Maybe so but you get lots of bacon at the Blue Hills Café! :)

On 8/26/2019 at 8:55 PM, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

The four corners is the most tempting place for me to move to, as much as I like NE Wyoming/Black Hills......

Which corner is best? From what I can tell Colorado.

How's the huntin' and fishin' situation there? 

Archived