SASS Wire Forum

SOLD PENDING FUNGS WINCHESTER MODEL 95 SADDLE RING CARBINE, 30-40, $1250

I’m seriously thinning out the herd.  Decided to sell off a bunch of guns I seldom (or never) shoot any more. 

Winchester 1895 Saddle Ring Carbine, caliber 30-40.  This is a new production rifle, in superb condition.  The rifle has been fired, but I would say its condition is “as new in box”.  Tested the rifle with both jacketed bullets and cast bullets.  The gun is capable of approximately two inch groups at 100 yards with jacketed bullet loads.  Cast bullet loads will easily group into three inches at 50 yards.  This is a great gun for Grand Army of the Frontier Main Match competition.

Price is $1250 plus shipping.

Please note:  For some reason, I am having difficulty sending e-mails/PMs back to folks on the wire.  Until this is fixed, please contact me directly at   KUYLAARS@MSN.COM.   Please use a subject line like “GUN FOR SALE”.  Thanks

DSC_4548.JPG

DSC_4549.JPG

JPG_4686.JPG

JPG_4687.JPG

JPG_4688.JPG

JPG_4689.JPG

JPG_4690.JPG

JPG_4691.JPG

I have a model '95 Winchester saddle ring carbine, made in 1915, in 30-40 Krag.  I am here to tell you this is one great rifle-caliber combination.  The 30-40 Krag is a sleeper cartridge...low recoil, but accurate.  Others at the range are always amazed that it can hit the steel at 200 yards, consistently.  This is a great rifle, and a great caliber, at a really good price.  If I did not already have one, I would get this one in a New York minute.  Bump to the top for a Pal, and a great rifle/cartridge. 

W.K.

Hi W K

I couldn't agree more.  I discovered Krag rifles just a few years back, when I started shooting Grand Army of the Frontier matches.  I can only imagine what soldiers in the mid 1890s felt, when they started shooting the new Krag rifles.  Compared to the 1873 Springfield 45-70s rainbow shaped trajectory, they must have thought the Krag shot like a laser.  But then, they didn't know what a laser was.....:o  The only knock on the 95 is that compared to a Krag, it's a bit slower to reload.  A lot of the things you see on the Krag, say you have to single load the magazine.  That is not true.  I have actually witnessed some of the faster Krag shooters grab five rounds out of an ammo belt, and drop them altogether into the magazine!  Quite a sight to see.  The Krag is not the dog some writers make it out to be.  Appreciate the bump, thanks for your input.

Dutch Al

Hello Trigger Mike,

I received your e-mail, and replied.  I’ve had some issues with the SASS classifieds, that e-mails and PMs I sent out did not reach intended party.  If you did get my e-mail, great.  If not, please contact me directly at    KUYLAARS@MSN.COM.  Thanks for looking.  Appreciate your interest.

Archived