SASS Wire Forum

REMOVED

I have always like the lines of the Winchester 94 Saddle Ring Carbine (SRC).  I started with a tuned pre-64 94 30-30 Carbine, then installed a nice SRC style butt stock and butt plate.  Please note, the rifle does not have an actual saddle ring.  I had the 30-30 barrel rebored to 38-55 caliber, with a .375 bore diameter and a 1 in 15 twist rate.  That twist rate will stabilize bullets up to 330 grains.  The rifle has a Marble tang sight with both windage and elevation.  The rifle is very accurate.  It will shoot 3 inch groups at 100 yards, using the iron sights and cast bullets.  I’ve shot this rifle in SASS side matches up to 400 yards, where it performed very well. 

Price is $850 plus shipping.

Please note:  For some reason, I am having difficulty sending e-mails/PMs back to folks on the wire.  Until this is fixed, please contact me directly at   KUYLAARS@MSN.COM.   Please use a subject line like “GUN FOR SALE”.  Thanks

JPG_4676.JPG

JPG_4677.JPG

JPG_4678.JPG

JPG_4679.JPG

JPG_4680.JPG

JPG_4681.JPG

JPG_4682.JPG

JPG_4683.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

The rifle can be drilled and tapped On The LEFT Side, for a saddle ring.  Make sure you have the saddle ring before you have it drilled and tapped.

Oh yeah......  Of course, you MUST have a photo of how it’s supposed to look BEFORE you, or anyone else, goes to drilling and tapping.  Right?  You’d think folks would know, but it ain’t so.......even the “experienced” cowboy gunsmiths.  Just a reminder.

Of course, it’s your call.......

Cat Brules

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived