SASS Wire Forum

Recognizance Bond/ Probation

Lawdog Dago Dom

When you have a dysfunctional justice system that lets offenders sign out of jail, get probation, and commit further crimes, what is the answer?

I know, let's push for more background checks and fingerprint all gun owners in Illinois. I love it when they take a "solution" and tack it on to the problem, that has nothing to do with the original problem.

http://www.cwbchicago.com/2019/08/man-charged-with-robbing-12-year-old.html

Oh.  I thought at first that you were referring to california's new law abolishing bail... in the interest of "treating rich and poor alike."  :rolleyes:

Just now, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Looks like recall legislation might be the answer.

But remember!  The crooks get to vote now!  :huh:

Just now, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

But remember!  The crooks get to vote now!  :huh:

I think we may outnumber them, for now.

But at the current rate.............

2 hours ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

When you have a dysfunctional justice system that lets offenders sign out of jail, get probation, and commit further crimes, what is the answer?

I know, let's push for more background checks and fingerprint all gun owners in Illinois. I love it when they take a "solution" and tack it on to the problem, that has nothing to do with the original problem.

http://www.cwbchicago.com/2019/08/man-charged-with-robbing-12-year-old.html

You must remember: The Legal System needs crime.

That's not to include 99.9% of the LEO's who end up just as frustrated by the system.

Essentially it's Illinois - you could be a serial killing pedophile rapist and as long as you have a D after your name in the Chicago area you will be elected or re-elected. Given that the Chicago land area by population and thus representation controls the state this will only continue to get worse. Illinois government is corrupt to the core. 

43 minutes ago, Raylan said:

Essentially it's Illinois - you could be a serial killing pedophile rapist and as long as you have a D after your name in the Chicago area you will be elected or re-elected. Given that the Chicago land area by population and thus representation controls the state this will only continue to get worse. Illinois government is corrupt to the core. 

That is the sad truth, and I do not see a light at the end of the tunnel.

A friend on a small PD told me over the weekend that he and his wife are moving to Nevada. She found a good job and told him not to worry about getting one right a way (must be nice).

Anyway, he confirmed that finding a U-haul to leave Illinois is next to impossible. But, he added, you could make a pretty penny offering to drive U-hauls BACK to Illinois from just about anywhere.

Archived