SASS Wire Forum

Random stuff

Tyrel Cody

Please get that sickly looking green stuff off my salad.

And bring me some ketchup.

No cheese for me.

I'm basically a purest, but I do like my bacon with ketchup. 

3 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Please get that sickly looking green stuff off my salad.

And bring me some ketchup.

That green stuff is good for you.  Helps keep you hydrated.

As for ketchup on bacon: you're gonna die a slow, painful death because of terminal bad taste.

15 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I wonder if ketchup and bacon are just a Canadian thing?

Yep...but, many folks put ketchup on eggs and hash browns and sometimes it touches the bacon.

I’ll say that if some maple syrup happens to get on my bacon or sausage during breakfast, I don’t mind at all 

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

That green stuff is good for you.  Helps keep you hydrated.

As for ketchup on bacon: you're gonna die a slow, painful death because of terminal bad taste.

But what a tasty way to go!

I find it enhances the flavour.

(Yeah, that's the we spell it)

Don't care much for maple syrup, on ANYTHING!!  I have several varieties of honey that serves on my pancakes and waffles.  i drizzle it on bacon! It’s fabulous, especially when more bacon sticks to the bacon!!  I use it to season my country ham when I'm cooking and I'll drizzle a little onto raw bacon before it gets cooked.

Another flavor I like with my bacon is tomato!  I slice a chilled tomato medium thin and sprinkle it very lightly with Kosher sea salt. I'll toast a couple of slices of bread, stack me up some bacon strips, lay on a slice or two of Swiss, American, or extra sharp cheddar cheese, and a couple slices of tomato.  Spread on a little mayonnaise and sprinkle some black pepper on it and you've got a proper sangwidge!!!  

NO LETTUCE!!  Feed that nasty, e-coli risky, green stuff to the hogs so's we get MORE bacon later on!!  :o  :lol:

9 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I don’t like ketchup on my bacon but if some gets on it that’s okay.

My favorite thing on bacon is more bacon. 

Just as an  aside: does anyone but me dislike any bacon except hickory flavored?  Not really happy with apple smoked, maple, mesquite, or most other flavors.  I'll eat it if hickory isn't available, but I don't like it as well.

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Just as an  aside: does anyone but me dislike any bacon except hickory flavored?  Not really happy with apple smoked, maple, mesquite, or most other flavors.  I'll eat it if hickory isn't available, but I don't like it as well.

I like all types of bacon. But I do not really care for bacon wrapped stuff or bacon bits. I like bacon by itself. With a meal but just not wrapped up in the meal. 

I did try chocolate covered bacon once. Now that’s just stupid. I love chocolate and I love bacon but not together. That’s like having your two high school girlfriends bump into each other at a dance where one of them wasn’t supposed to be and things just go wrong...

Anyway, I love bacon. All kinds of bacon. 

11 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I like all types of bacon. But I do not really care for bacon wrapped stuff or bacon bits. I like bacon by itself. With a meal but just not wrapped up in the meal. 

I did try chocolate covered bacon once. Now that’s just stupid. I love chocolate and I love bacon but not together. That’s like having your two high school girlfriends bump into each other at a dance where one of them wasn’t supposed to be and things just go wrong...

Anyway, I love bacon. All kinds of bacon. 

Sounds like when you discover your wife and girlfriend are best friends.  It isn't going to end well.

Hickory smoked bacon with a drizzle of honey and a dusting of cayenne pepper and fixed in the broiler!!  Spicy Meat Candy!!

On 8/25/2019 at 10:32 PM, Sedalia Dave said:

I prefer my green vegies pre-processed into things like Bacon, Ham, Tenderloin, Ribs, Porterhouse, Hamburger, Sausage, Prime Rib.... I think you get the idea.

THIS!

It's my firm belief that when a food is green it's no longer fit to be et.

On 8/26/2019 at 2:25 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

That’s like having your two high school girlfriends bump into each other at a dance where one of them wasn’t supposed to be and things just go wrong...

For me it was a busgirl and the hostess...….. My brother reserved the waitresses...……….. Messy. Very messy. But we sure enjoyed our work! :D

Green stuff is what food eats!!

I think I've gained 5 pounds just reading this thread...

Bacon. Oh glorious bacon!

Ok fellers I've read all your replies now I've got a couple that weren't mentioned.  First off.....Cracklin'  and no it's not the pork rinds they sell in a bag, this is bacon deep fried...twice, it's a heart attack waitin' to happen.  The other one is candied bacon, oven cooked with brown sugar and maple syrup.  And lets not forget pepper bacon for that little bit of kick.

BTW if anyone going to Comin' at Cha would like to try the Cracklin' let me know and I'll bring some.

Archived