SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dutch Al #22045

C Sharps 1885 High Wall 40-65

Posted (edited)

C. Sharps 1885 high wall, 40-65, with a 28” heavy Badger barrel. Extras include a beautiful Color Case Hardened receiver, Fancy wood, pistol grip, single set trigger, and cheek rest.  Front sight is a Lyman #17, with an MVA sight insert.  Rear sight is a Montana Vintage Arms #107 mid range sight, which provides sufficient elevation for 800+ yards.  Rifle has scope blocks installed, for mounting a Malcolm type scope, such as the MVA.  The scope blocks are installed with 7.2 inch spacing for mounting shorter scopes like the MVA Model 2000 or the MVA model B.   The barrel is also drilled and tapped so the front scope block may be moved out to provide 18” spacing, for use with the MVA Models 3000 and 4000 full length scopes.  This is a beautiful gun; the photos tell the story.

Exterior of the rifle is in excellent condition, the barrel is “as new”.  Never fired with jacketed bullets, only lead bullets.  This rifle is very accurate.  I’ve shot several 8 shot groups, just under two inch spread, at 200 yards. 

Since I only have this one 40-65,  I will also be selling off all my brass, reloading dies, and 40 caliber bullets, in a package deal.  The package includes 170+ rounds of Starline 40-65 brass, a 3 die set of RCBS 40-65 reloading dies, a Buffalo Arms custom expander, 2 (50 round) boxes of Paul Jones 430 grain Snitzer bullets, one(50 round)  box of 350 grain bullets, 40 caliber over powder wads, and a 40-65 blow tube.

Price is $2595 plus shipping.

Please note:  For some reason, I am having difficulty sending e-mails/PMs back to folks on the wire.  Until this is fixed, please contact me directly at   KUYLAARS@MSN.COM.   Please use a subject line like “GUN FOR SALE”.  Thanks 

DSC_4554.JPG

DSC_4555.JPG

200_4660.JPG

200_4663.JPG

200_4664.JPG

200_4666.JPG

200_4667.JPG

200_4668.JPG

200_4669.JPG

200_4670.JPG

Edited by Dutch Al #22045
reposted
  • Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 12:50 PM, Dutch Al #22045 said:

BTT

Sent You a PM

Wildcat Maverick

I saw the PM notification, but couldn't find the PM itself.  Try replying to my last e-mail

Hello Wildcat Maverick,

Got your PM and replied.

Dutch Al