SASS Wire Forum

SOLD PENDING FUNDS C Sharps Model 1874, 45-70, for sale $2150

I’m seriously thinning out the herd.  Decided to sell off a bunch of guns I seldom (or never) shoot any more.  I am no longer shooting long range at the SASS matches. 

C. Sharps 1874 Bridgeport rifle, 45-70 with a standard weight 30” Badger barrel. Extras include Color Case Hardened receiver, Semi fancy wood, and pistol grip stock.  Front sight is a Lyman #17, with an MVA sight insert.  Rear sight is a Montana Vintage Arms #107 long range sight, which provides sufficient elevation for approximately 1,200 yards.  Rifle has scope blocks installed, for mounting a Malcolm type scope, such as the MVA.  The scope blocks are installed with 7.2 inch spacing for mounting shorter scopes like the MVA Model 2000 or the MVA model B.   The barrel is also drilled and tapped so the front scope block may be moved out to provide 18” spacing, for use with the MVA Models 3000 and 4000 full length scopes.  This rifle is ready to go, for just about anything you want to do.

Exterior of the rifle is in excellent condition, the barrel is “as new”.  The photos tell the story.  Never fired with jacketed bullets, only lead bullets.  The rifle is very accurate with both 500 and 405 grain bullets.  I’ve shot several 8 shot groups at 200 yards, with a spread just under two inches. 

Price is $2150 plus shipping to your FFL.  

Please note:  For some reason, I am having difficulty sending e-mails/PMs back to folks on the wire.  Until this is fixed, please contact me directly at   KUYLAARS@MSN.COM.   Please use a subject line like “GUN FOR SALE”.  Thanks

DSC_4557.JPG

DSC_4558.JPG

200_4652.JPG

200_4653.JPG

200_4654.JPG

200_4655.JPG

200_4656.JPG

200_4659.JPG

Hello Yellowhouse,

I see from your membership you're a veteran SASS member.  I know what you mean about "over grazing".  Been there, done that, and I've got the coffee cup and the T shirt.  It gun isn't cheap, but when you compare the quality of C Sharps and Shiloh Sharps, they are really better guns than the Italian replicas.  And, not THAT much more expensive.  I lived in Italy for a while, and I believe Uberti makes some fine replica firearms.  But I decided to "go American" and never looked back.  I'm sure I made the right choice.  Thanks for your input.

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Dutch Al #22045 said:

Tyrel Cody,  I sent you a PM.  If you didn't receive it, please reply directly to me at:  KUKYLAARS@MSN.COM   Thanks 

I sent you one a while back and you didn't reply, but now I'll send you an email.

4 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I sent you one a while back and you didn't reply, but now I'll send you an email.

40 minutes ago, Dutch Al #22045 said:

Tyrel Cody,  I sent you a PM.  If you didn't receive it, please reply directly to me at:  KUKYLAARS@MSN.COM   Thanks 

That email address does not work.

On 8/23/2019 at 6:48 PM, Dutch Al #22045 said:

I’m seriously thinning out the herd.  Decided to sell off a bunch of guns I seldom (or never) shoot any more.  I am no longer shooting long range at the SASS matches. 

C. Sharps 1874 Bridgeport rifle, 45-70 with a standard weight 30” Badger barrel. Extras include Color Case Hardened receiver, Semi fancy wood, and pistol grip stock.  Front sight is a Lyman #17, with an MVA sight insert.  Rear sight is a Montana Vintage Arms #107 long range sight, which provides sufficient elevation for approximately 1,200 yards.  Rifle has scope blocks installed, for mounting a Malcolm type scope, such as the MVA.  The scope blocks are installed with 7.2 inch spacing for mounting shorter scopes like the MVA Model 2000 or the MVA model B.   The barrel is also drilled and tapped so the front scope block may be moved out to provide 18” spacing, for use with the MVA Models 3000 and 4000 full length scopes.  This rifle is ready to go, for just about anything you want to do.

Exterior of the rifle is in excellent condition, the barrel is “as new”.  The photos tell the story.  Never fired with jacketed bullets, only lead bullets.  The rifle is very accurate with both 500 and 405 grain bullets.  I’ve shot several 8 shot groups at 200 yards, with a spread just under two inches. 

Price is $2150 plus shipping to your FFL.  

Please note:  For some reason, I am having difficulty sending e-mails/PMs back to folks on the wire.  Until this is fixed, please contact me directly at   KUYLAARS@MSN.COM.   Please use a subject line like “GUN FOR SALE”.  Thanks

DSC_4557.JPG

DSC_4558.JPG

200_4652.JPG

200_4653.JPG

200_4654.JPG

200_4655.JPG

200_4656.JPG

200_4659.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Dutch .

I sure am glad you found a buyer for this gun !

Now I can stop drooling !!

Beautiful gun  !

Archived