SASS Wire Forum

Help With a Search

Skatter Gunn

Hi Fellow Shootists,

I am a new member and this is my first post. I'm trying to identify a fellow six gun enthusiast who appears to have gone by the moniker of "Skatter".  The reason I'm looking into it is that I own a Colt Custom Shop .38-40 that this fellow had sent to the CCS for an action tune up for single action shooting.  The grip strap is engraved with the name "Skatter".  Apparently the revolver was sent to the custom shop for work but never re-claimed by the owner.  A a gun dealer friend of mine purchased it and he in turn sold it to me.  Anyhow is there anyone here who recognizes this name? Photo attached.

Thank you,

duk

Colt .38-40  F.jpg

Seeking to possibly return a firearm to a previous owner is a noble gesture, but likely futile.

My recommendation is to change your alias from Dukhunter to Skatter and shoot the hell out of that revolver!  ;)

Morning OLG, J-Bar, and Pat Riot,

Thanks much gents for taking the time to respond and the advice. I appreciate it!

I thought it was worth a try to see if I could track down "Skatter" but knew that it was a bit of a long shot. J-Bar, that's a great idea, I'll see if I can change my alias to Skatter. 

Again, I thank you and enjoy the weekend!

Dukhunter (Skatter?)

30 minutes ago, dukhunter said:

Thank you very much Pale Wolf Brunelle! That's very interesting, I hope if he's still active here that he comes across

this post.  

Thanks,

duk

Apparently Skatter has never been on the Wire (this forum). He or she doesn’t have a registered username, at least not “Skatter” as a username. 

If you are serious about finding Skatter I recommend you call SASS HQ at  877-411- 7277 Monday through Friday 8-5 MDT

Otherwise, enjoy the gun you bought and Welcome to SASS and the Saloon. ;):D

Thank you Pat & OLG. At least I tried.

I've had the pistol for a year or so and it still remains new in the box, never fired. Guess it's time I give it a try.  I do have a couple of USFA Rodeos in the same caliber (.38-40) that I do shoot. They too are great revolvers and very accurate. 

Thanks for all your help/input!

duk

@dukhunter,

Could this be whom you are looking for?

2019_08_24_03_46_06.thumb.jpg.1865fcd9d42ff74b7c399f1c1d4a8ffe.jpg

http://www.shootingbums.org/wmr/skatter.html

He is currently listed as an "InActive Member"

2019_08_24_03_50_58.thumb.jpg.da0b0912197b3d78c71ee4f90eae7b08.jpg

Contacting the club, someone may be able to help you locate him.

Let us know.

Here's the story, gents. This pistol did belong to Henry Fish with whom I just had a good phone conversation, nice guy. He told me that he purchased a few of these Colts thru an ad that SASS published in their newspaper a few years back. These were supposed to have a nickel finish but came without. Henry sent them back to Colt Custom Shop and had them finished in nickel. Got 'em back, shot them and the nickel flaked off, so back to Colt they went with instructions to remove the nickel. Long story short Henry worked out some other deal with Colt and Colt kept the revolvers, so there maybe another .38-40 "Skatter" floating around out there. Henry told me to enjoy the gun and to go shoot the heck out of it which I now plan to do! End of story. I like a happy ending!

Thanks to all of you for your help & interest!

duk

OLG.png.cdbfb2fef17dfbe89214afb9473b7fde.png @The Original Lumpy Gritz

1912986312_PaleWolfBrunelle.png.2c43e96ca9d54ee86eb4ef7052b901fe.png @PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L

944649022_PatRiot.png.9033baa183c1053dcf52a1732c39397d.png @Pat Riot, SASS #13748

Ringer.png.396d03b2673e0848914babc359608445.png @Ringer

I want to take this time to 1791301631_ThanksIcon.png.d7571a93691ab5b2cdf78ad9c348167e.png those :rolleyes: who participated in helping our Guest - dukhunter in his quest.

1608987487_Teamworkrocks.png.53be780e34de8a60359b6c03ad1a2968.png

Morning Marshal,

Can't say that I rightly know but, if I understood Henry correctly, the original order called for a nickel finish. Although not specifically discussed, I imagine that the order also included a request that the alias "Skatter" be engraved at the same time. As he told me, when he received the finished product the pistols were blued, not nickel and again I'm speculating here but Colt did engrave them as per the original ordered. That make sense?

Thank you,

duk

22 hours ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

I think I'd use " Skatter Gunn" for an alias.

“Skatter Gunn”... now that would be a cool alias. 

Dukhunter, like OLG said. Don’t be a stranger...did he mention newcomers get a discount here in the Saloon?

2 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

did he mention newcomers get a discount here in the Saloon?

Not really a discount,

We're just using Pat's tab for the rest of 2019 :P

dukhunter,

You'll have to get in quick though as Bottles may cut Pat off,

since he is building up quite a tab.

Receipts.png.8ae7291f3352a3b80f61f1d38747f40b.png

2 hours ago, dukhunter said:

Morning Marshal,

Can't say that I rightly know but, if I understood Henry correctly, the original order called for a nickel finish. Although not specifically discussed, I imagine that the order also included a request that the alias "Skatter" be engraved at the same time. As he told me, when he received the finished product the pistols were blued, not nickel and again I'm speculating here but Colt did engrave them as per the original ordered. That make sense?

Thank you,

duk

Yep, in that scenario, it makes perfect sense.  Thanks, duk.

You're welcome, Marshall.

Pat, I contacted a moderator to ask if I can change my alias to Skatter Gunn per you're suggestion. Just waiting to hear back.

Tyrel, I did have a few drinks in the Saloon & told Bottles to charge them to my Dad, so I think they went on Pat's tab.

Cheers,

duk

Archived