SASS Wire Forum

NASCAR going anti-gun?

Lawdog Dago Dom

13 hours ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

I stopped caring what NASCAR did or said, or cared about over 20 years ago.

The only things more boring to watch are chess and golf.

2 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

That’s what’s so puzzling about NASCAR moving away from firearms sponsors. Nearly every NASCAR fan I know is very pro-gun also.

I feel the need to repeat that the “article” that spawned this thread is a “blog” from a group whose advertising didn’t meet the standards applied by an independent contracting ad agency!!!

NASCAR has NOT made any such public statement!!

NRA was the sponsor of a very recent NASCAR event!

J Bar just showed the Henry Firearms sponsored Xfinity car!

As far as those of you who don’t like or find stock car racing boring, not watching is the perfect answer. Those of you who think you have a better idea, start your own sanctioning body. Stock car racing is like SASS!! The same ones here who would completely change NASCAR are some of the same ones who would go apoplectic if someone decided that you had to use laser guns, wear all recyclable clothes, and PITA friendly footwear and gun rigs to participate in cowboy action shooting!!! I mean REALLY???

And as to “wokeness”!?!?!? NASCAR uses ethanol based fuel, recycles almost all of their tires, actively pushes recycling efforts at ALL sanctioned events, and many of the tracks use solar farms for power for events and the camping facilities!! There are other sanctioning bodies that promote “electric” car competition. No need for that here. There are several tracks in NASCAR’s three major series that are road courses, so it’s NOT all going around in circles!

Finally, there have been many professional “athletes” from other sports who thought they could excel in auto racing. Even Bruce Jenner couldn’t cut it!! :lol: :rolleyes:   I can’t recall ONE that ever had any real success except for maybe Dan Pastorini who went on to win a couple of Top Fuel events in drag racing.  Many of the drivers in all forms of auto racing are former star athletes in high school and college and pit crew personnel are former top athletes as well!!

Archived