SASS Wire Forum

ROOP County Days still time to register

wyliefoxEsquire

ROOP County Days is the second part of a full week of shooting.

The week starts on September 9-10 with the Nevada State WIld Bunch Championship.

And ends on September 13-14 with a 12 stage two day RCD 23rd Annual Match.

Check out the Who's coming list

http://www.northernnevadacas.com/BBR-RCD-2019-WHO.pdf

You will find the 3rd, 4th, 7th, 12th, 17th & 26th place overall shooters from the Western Regional held a few weeks ago.  Along with five who were awarded first place buckles.

https://www.chorrovalleyregulators.com/content/final-overall-results-main-match-friday-august-9-2019.pdf

RCD has six Tom Horn categories to challenge your Big Bore skills.  Yes, 12 stages of BOOM!!!!

Free dry camping.

Plainmans and Wild Bunch (yes a second WB match) side matches.

A true long range match (with a sighting-in warm-up day), with ten categories.  BP, smokeless, scope, military & repeaters . . . .  This is probably the BEST long range cowboy match offered on the west coast (maybe the entire US).

Check it out

http://www.northernnevadacas.com/index.html

4 hours ago, wyliefoxEsquire said:

Did I mention we have a CA compliant Wild Bunch ready 1911 pistol to be raffled?

Like this one here? ;) Looking forward to this match and the raffle is going to be a good one.

Raffle Remington R1.jpg

How about 5th at Regionals., my pard, Quickly Down Under?

With the sizable Southern Nevada contingent coming, we should get more respect.

Looking forward to a great week.

NN

Well nuts

HUGH error on my part

Yes 5th overall and he was the overall winner at RCD 2017

The competition for overall male will be strong

Royal

Quickly

Dutch

Maddog

Howlin

Fanner

Gunrunner

& Nels!!!!

Dang, I'll be missing it again. I even printed the agenda. Next year, I hope. I miss my No. Nevada family. :(

I haven't been to Roop since the Reservation and Fernley since the second Western States. :o (Wow! that was pre-2005, when Hubby quit shooting.) Yet you are so close.

:wub:

Allie

I plan to swing by the OK Corral in Tombstone on my way.  If allowed, I'll get a pic of myself standing in front of it with my Colt Buntline.   May as well be touristy.

Yes, when coming from Boston, going to Nevada via Arizona is "out of the way."  But what the heck, I haven't had a vacation in four years, and I'm gonna take my time getting there!

Add Northwest Shot Manufacturing Inc. to our growing list of major sponsors 

1526 Camp Baker Road

Phoenix, OR  97535

541-535-3404

IMG_E6043[1].JPG

10 hours ago, Flanigan Flats said:

HK we are delighted to have you attend our match. I am curious as to how you heard of us and then decided to make the drive? I am looking forward to meeting you and hearing your story!!!

The story is rather simple.  I've not had a vacation in 4 years, so I was looking for a shoot "out west" that I could go to after visiting a couple of friends who live in Arizona, and invite them to come to the shoot with me.   Based on work schedule, it had to be in September.    I asked on the Wire, "Any big shoots out west in September" and someone mentioned this one.   There were a couple of other options, but the option to add a "rifle caliber" rifle to the main match sealed the deal for me.  They chance to do it a little "different" was just too good to pass up.  My friends can't come, but they were potentially interested.  I'll still visit them though.  As far as why I drove, well, it's difficult to travel with that many guns and all that ammo any other way.  :)

HK, We are glad to have you.  The big bore shoot is a hoot.  You are in for a good time.  If you need anything while you are here or there is something we can do to make your visit more enjoyable, please ask one of us.  I look forward to this shoot all year long and this one is really shaping up to be a great match.  By the way you will not be the only New Englander I spent my younger years in the great state of Maine.   

45 minutes ago, Flanigan Flats said:

HK, We are glad to have you.  The big bore shoot is a hoot.  You are in for a good time.  If you need anything while you are here or there is something we can do to make your visit more enjoyable, please ask one of us.  I look forward to this shoot all year long and this one is really shaping up to be a great match.  By the way you will not be the only New Englander I spent my younger years in the great state of Maine.   

Shall I bring some Moxie?

It is of the era, after all.

Archived