SASS Wire Forum

Baikal 210 doubling question

G W Wade

I have slicked up single trigger Baikal that occasionally doubles.   If my thumb slips off the top lever before the hammers cock, the triggers are not reset.  As long as you hold the top lever to the right until the barrels are fully open, runs perfect.  Is this normal operation..  Wondering if this is normal or if I need more work done.     Thanks to the gallery       GW

My single trigger Tedna doubles every now and again, maybe every 300 rounds or so. It seems to be getting better, so I haven't worried about it.

1 hour ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

My single trigger Tedna doubles every now and again, maybe every 300 rounds or so. It seems to be getting better, so I haven't worried about it.

Wasn't worried about the tank.  2 1/4 oz of shot at 1145fps gets a little distracting.   Been using Rem STS light target      GW

CAMP VERDE GUN AND REPAIR

COMMON PROBLEMS SHOOTING A SINGLE TRIGGER SIDE BY SIDE SHOTGU

Shooting a single trigger shotgun has some common mistakes that shooters make. This occurs most often when shooting a match and rushing the second shot.
You must release the trigger for it to reset between shots. If you only release it part way, it may double. The recoil from the first shot setting off the second shot.
This condition sounds just like a double shot, there is no noticeable sound difference. This is very common. The way to check to see if it is in your finger or a mechanical condition in 
the gun is to take the gun out and shoot many rounds making sure that you release the trigger between shots. If it doesn’t double, then the problem is in you finger

The other condition when rushing a shot is not releasing the trigger enough for it to reset. Then the second barrel will not fire.
The Baikal single trigger guns can double if you only open the lever far enough for the barrel to open.  The tuning fork that operates the mechanical trigger does not rise far enough to catch. It then drops down and engages both barrels on the first trigger pull.
Thank you,
Johnny Meadows

And since an ageing old binder mechanic doesn’t have any feelings left...let alone feelings in his fingers...what can I say...

You shouldn’t have hit your fingers so many times with the big hammer GW...

Thanks JM     That's just wanted to know.  The last sentence is exactly the problem, just wanted to know it is the way they operate     GW

Your right OMG,   these old hands have been abused pretty bad

Kay Sadeeya & I both shoot single trigger Johnny Meadows Baikals (thanks JM, both are great guns!).  She went through a spell where hers would double randomly, but when I used the gun, it would never double.  We swapped guns for a while & she still had random doubles with my gun.  Hmm.

One evening we were dry-fire practicing & while opening the gun to dump the snap caps, my finger hit the trigger.  When I closed the gun & pulled the trigger, I only heard one click.  Hmmm.  Tried it again, same thing.  Next time we were at a match, I tried it with live ammo.  Doubled.  Ah HA!  Now that we know what causes it, we haven't had any trouble with random doubling...

...except that one stage this year at EoT.  While moving from one station to the next, I hit the trigger with the gun open.  BOOM!  It happens.

Holler

Archived