SASS Wire Forum

Aging

Utah Bob #35998

I noticed my glasses were a bit loose this morning so I got the mini screwdriver set out of the junk drawer to adjust them.

Then I realized I needed a second pair of glasses to see what I was doing. Got the magnifying glass out which didn’t work because I needed 3 hands. I have a free standing magnifier but it’s down in the man cave and I’d have to get dressed, or at least put on my boots. So I went rummaging around to see if I could find an old pair of glasses. Didn’t find them but I did find a box of 9mm I had misplaced. Then I remembered I hadn’t made coffee. So I did that and by then I had forgotten about my glasses. Also forgot here I had put them. 

I’ll wait till Carol gets up. She can find anything.

sigh...

Thanks Bob, but please don't remind us how fast we are sinking....

Texas Lizard

Decided to go out in the backyard to get some sunshine and fresh air....Then the wife says you just got out of shower...Did you forgot to put on something...Well, at least I was in the backyard...Kinda enjoyed the freedom...Even for a few minutes...

Now where the hell did I put that #%$^& paintbrush??

Oh.  Here 'tis... in my other hand.  Damn.  Dribbled paint on my boot.

HOW many times have I searched for my glasses, and finally find 'em perched atop my head.  nerd.gif

If you can see well enough to work on glasses you don't need 'em noways. I lost a screw out of my prescription sunglasses in Mexico once and the lens popped out. If you wear glasses and go to Mexico take your own eyeglass kit. No place including Walmart in Playa del Carmen had one. Luckily I found an optometry shop that fixed them and real cheap to boot.

JHC

Yesterday I wanted to vacuum the entryway from the garage which is one level down from the main floor. Got the vacuum which was already down there, but it needed a new bag, which are kept in a hallway closet on the second floor. I tramped up to the main level where our dog Rose greeted me. After a quick pat and affectionate words I tramped up to the 2nd level. As I stood in the hallway, I knew there was a reason I was there, but couldn't remember. Back downstairs to where I was, saw the vac and "doh", then I remembered. 

Yeesh! :blush:

3 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Yesterday I wanted to vacuum the entryway from the garage which is one level down from the main floor. Got the vacuum which was already down there, but it needed a new bag, which are kept in a hallway closet on the second floor. I tramped up to the main level where our dog Rose greeted me. After a quick pat and affectionate words I tramped up to the 2nd level. As I stood in the hallway, I knew there was a reason I was there, but couldn't remember. Back downstairs to where I was, saw the vac and "doh", then I remembered. 

Yeesh! :blush:

That's called going to the hereafter. "What did I come in here after???"

JHC

22 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I have several pairs of spare glasses...somewhere. :blink:

Several years ago my eyes suddenly got remarkably better, had to have my glasses remade. I have several pairs of old spare glasses, but I can't see for squat with 'em. I see better without them.

JHC

Got me one of those headbands with a magnifying glass on it for one eye, for just what you are wanting to do......keep it in my desk in the house!!! LOL

2 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I got you guys beat. A few days ago my elderly mother called me and we were discussing some things, and during the conversation she murmured "now where did I leave my cell phone?" I suggested she check right next to her ear. :huh:

And your point is? You say that like it is unusual. 

I'm waiting for monacles to come back in style.

8 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

I'm waiting for monacles to come back in style.

Like this guy?  :rolleyes:

Image result for wearing two monocles

I was once driving to work, brushed my pants pocket, and "realized" I had forgotten my keys.  Flipped around, drove home.  Put the car in park, shut it off, pulled my keys out of the ignition....laughed at myself for about 5 minutes straight....put the keys back in the ignition, started the car, and drove to work.

9 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Several years ago my eyes suddenly got remarkably better, had to have my glasses remade. I have several pairs of old spare glasses, but I can't see for squat with 'em. I see better without them.

JHC

I was experiencing the same thing, then I got macular degeneration.  Oh well.

I was driving to the store and talking to my pard hands free from my car.  I mentioned to him that I forgot my phone! Neither of us realized what the hell was going on.........It took a couple minutes and then we both had a good laugh!  :lol:

Archived