SASS Wire Forum

Winchester Model 92 357 Mag. for sale, $995

Winchester Model 1892 rifle, caliber 357 Mag.  This rifle has a 24 inch round barrel.  This is one of the nicest Model 92s you will ever see.  The rifle has a tuned action which is really light and smooth, and a light crisp trigger.  Very accurate.   The gun is in excellent condition, the photos tell the story.

Price is $995 plus shipping

Please note:  For some reason, I am having difficulty sending e-mails/PMs back to folks on the wire.  Until this is fixed, please contact me directly at   KUYLAARS@MSN.COM.   Please use a subject line like “GUN FOR SALE”.  Thanks

DSC_4559.JPG

DSC_4560.JPG

DSC_4599.JPG

DSC_4600.JPG

DSC_4602.JPG

DSC_4603.JPG

DSC_4607.JPG

DSC_4608.JPG

DSC_4609.JPG

Yes, it is a later production Model 92, made by Miroku.  Around time, the lawyers got involved and mandated rebound hammers, manual safety (other than half cock).  One of the things done in tuning the action was removing the rebound hammer function.  That allows the hammer to fall unimpeded , allowing a lighter mainspring, which still provided reliable ignition.  When I got the gun back, I was amazed by how smooth the action was, and how light the trigger was.  It still has a half cock to prevent the hammer hitting the firing pin if the trigger isn't pulled.  So, in a situation where a person was thumb cocking the hammer with a round in the chamber, if the thumb slipped off, the cartridge would not fire.  And of course, there is still the tang mounted safety. 

Hello Trigger Mike,

I received your e-mail, and replied.  I’ve had some issues with the SASS classifieds, that e-mails and PMs I sent out did not reach intended party.  If you did get my e-mail, great.  If not, please contact me directly at    KUYLAARS@MSN.COM.  Thanks for looking.  Appreciate your interest.

• 2 weeks later...

I had just started to put this rifle out of my mind.  I had handled a marlin and henry and rossi to compare it with and was putting it out of my mind as a friend got bed ridden and thought why buy if you get sick someday and here you put it back on my mind like the Ronnie Milsap song, back on my mind again. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived