SASS Wire Forum

Not what you want to hear at 430am

Trigger Mike

My 7 years old daughter came in our room at 415 that she had a bad dream.  She got in bed with us and put her arm around me as she fell asleep.  Then a few minutes later,  in the dark,  I hear the sound of whimpering and heaving IN MY BED.  She was sick.   My wife grabbed her and rushed her to the bathroom.   This went on for the rest of the night so we put her in a recliner in our room.  

They are so pitiful when they are sick. Makes you sad and worried. 

I hear you. Back in March I was jolted awake from my  Zzquil induced slumber by a pounding. It was my 86-year old father-in-law. He had fallen on the floor in his room and his osteomy pouch had broken. So I had to struggle to try and get him into his wheel chair while he was covered with nastiness. Unfortunately he had another small stroke and was unable to move his legs to help. It took both me and my wife to get him in the wheel chair so he could get cleaned up and ready for the ambulance.  Not once in the life plans I made did I envision dealing with matters such as this. My fil is now living with us again but because of the last stroke his testing places him at a five-year-old reasoning level and he can no longer be alone. So he day is spent either at dialysis or at a local adult day care. Seeing this makes me fear what life has planned for me in 25 years. 

49 minutes ago, Cholla said:

. Seeing this makes me fear what life has planned for me in 25 years. 

To my way of thinking and it is mine...Your life has been designed out before you are born...You are here for lessons to learn...But it does give to wonder as to what will happen...Health is the number one thing people think of...Will I know who I am...Will I know where I am....Will I even care...

Texas Lizard

5 hours ago, Cholla said:

I hear you. Back in March I was jolted awake from my  Zzquil induced slumber by a pounding. It was my 86-year old father-in-law. He had fallen on the floor in his room and his osteomy pouch had broken. So I had to struggle to try and get him into his wheel chair while he was covered with nastiness. Unfortunately he had another small stroke and was unable to move his legs to help. It took both me and my wife to get him in the wheel chair so he could get cleaned up and ready for the ambulance.  Not once in the life plans I made did I envision dealing with matters such as this. My fil is now living with us again but because of the last stroke his testing places him at a five-year-old reasoning level and he can no longer be alone. So he day is spent either at dialysis or at a local adult day care. Seeing this makes me fear what life has planned for me in 25 years. 

I never really knew how demanding family responsibilities could be until I took my elderly father into our home.  Some really tough, draining lessons.  Some cruel realities that I never would have gotten through had it not been for the love that he gave me as a child.  I spent a lot of nights sleeping in a chair in his room, but I never even considered doing anything less.  I hope the rest of your family appreciates what you are doing; I am absolutely certain that your father-in-law does.

LL

My 100 year old father(Blue boy sass#46773) now lives with us. It is draining and I beat on myself for not always doing as well as I think I should. It is the most difficult  thing I have ever done. Fortunately I have a Higher Power to go to, getting sober was easypeazy compared to this. Prayers all around for us all and the people we are caring for.

Imis 

Archived