SASS Wire Forum

Another Florida Man Story

I wonder if he found the blades in the trash? :o

2 minutes ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Please note that Florida doesn't just have to deal with their own crazies.  The state also attracts them from all over the world.

I often opined it was our low hanging appendix format. Everything filters down and gets trapped at the lowest point, from New York gangsters to Ted Bundy.

Also,  the dangling nature of the state seems to attract various crazies from down south as it dips into the Caribbean like an Anglerfish’s tongue.

Okay, a man comes towards me with a sword / machete and wants the cart I just dug out of the trash swinging a machete...I think I will let go of the flippin’ cart. 

And it appears a neighbor retrieved the cart so it was all over nothing. 

2 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

And it appears a neighbor retrieved the cart so it was all over nothing

A neighbor of ours. Cut the front yard. Stopped the lawn mower to go in the house to pee.

His wife drove up to find some people busily stuffing the lawn mower in the trunk of their car.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING WITH MY LAWNMOWER?!?!??!!!

well it was sitting at the street, so we thought it had been thrown away.

Freshly cut lawn, mower engine still hot, clipping bag still full of grass. "we thought it had been thrown away" :ph34r:

That's what appears to have happened here. The wheelbarrow was too close to the trash pile, and both these ragpickers decided it had been thrown out.

8 minutes ago, Alpo said:

That's what appears to have happened here. The wheelbarrow was too close to the trash pile, and both these ragpickers decided it had been thrown out.

Yep, makes sense.

There is an unwritten rule here and in Oregon that if something is setting next to the street or roadway that it is fair game. Especially if it’s in that strip of grass between the sidewalk and the street (in residential areas). 

In Vermont as well! If the mower runs out of gas near the road, push it back a bit or you carried the can of gas for nothing!

7 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I often opined it was our low hanging appendix format. Everything filters down and gets trapped at the lowest point, from New York gangsters to Ted Bundy.

Also,  the dangling nature of the state seems to attract various crazies from down south as it dips into the Caribbean like an Anglerfish’s tongue.

Then what would explain Washington State? We don't dangle, but we do attract some fringe. 

:ph34r:

6 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Then what would explain Washington State? We don't dangle, but we do attract some fringe. 

My explanation is that scum and dross rise to the top......

Left there in 1966 and have never regretted it.  My daughter and husband are in South Seattle now, and describe the sad state of the neighborhood.

For a real eye-opener, dial up "Seattle is Dying" on YouTube.

14 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Please note that Florida doesn't just have to deal with their own crazies.  The state also attracts them from all over the world.

That used to be California's situation but now they're breeding their own screwballs.

Archived