SASS Wire Forum

Shotgun Chaps

Waxahachie Kid #17017 L

I was asked, the other day, if there were any websites that offered authentic shotgun chaps (not batwings). 

My reply to him was one that Festus said one time on GunSmoke: "That remains to be saw."

I look around the internet, somewhat, but did not find any websites.  Perhaps I did not look long enough, I don't know.   

I know Jim Green used to have a website, but that website, for him, is not available, that I could find, so I am at a loss.

So...the question I will put to you Pards is: Is there a website out there that offers authentic (no zIppers) shotgun chaps in the style of the Old West?

Thanks.

W.K.

Kid: You might take a look at this web sight.Doc make some of the best chaps I've ever seen. 

docsoldwest.com. I've got 2 pairs from him and really like both pairs.   Hope this helps you. Bulldog Brown

You owe it to yourself to check out Michigan Rattler. The man is an artist in leather. We have several pairs of chaps from him plus holsters, cuffs and butt covers. He does outstanding work and his pricing is fair. Mine are patterned after an old picture that he had. Check him out at http://www.michiganrattler.com/

1 hour ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

You owe it to yourself to check out Michigan Rattler. The man is an artist in leather. We have several pairs of chaps from him plus holsters, cuffs and butt covers. He does outstanding work and his pricing is fair. Mine are patterned after an old picture that he had. Check him out at http://www.michiganrattler.com/

If you wore pants and underwear under your chaps you wouldn't need a butt cover!

I went to Michigan Rattler's web site. There are some absolutely beautiful pieces of work in many categories. I want one of each! The colors, designs, textures, and materials are fantastic. If you haven't seen the site, you owe it to yourself to stop in and admire a craftsman's handiwork. I think I'll open up a Go Fund Me page.

I have a pair of Jack Stewart's authentic shotgun chaps he made for me about 1990.  I also use his holster & belt he made for about 1988.   He's carefully researched the designs and methods used in the late 1880s from museum pieces in Arizona.  Would that the chaps still fit!;)

These may not be exactly "Period Correct" but the are definitely worth a Look!

Pic Below...........

If you're as Old as Griff you mite wanna turn back now.............

To go any further you Must Sign the Waiver..................

Almost There................

RM_4584_COWBOY_PS07162019-3.jpg.17dc6e783e1269d62ca14390f52d55d8.jpg

Now Them is sum Chaps !!!!!!!!!!!

Archived