SASS Wire Forum

Darth finally got to me

Lawdog Dago Dom

Yesterday I dipped a toe into the dark pool.

Felt good.

Still have a few kinks to work out. But that come with the new territory. Will probably stick with subs to get the hang of things before I approach the altar of the Holy Black. Shortcake likes her guns shiny, so she bowed out after a handful of rounds during practice.

Why do it? I like the challenge. Plus it was a lot of fun. I had a flashback to a summer baseball team many years ago. Summer vacations of other players reduced us to 9 guys for a few weeks. You literally played a different position every game. Everybody said that was the best summer ball they had. For me, I want to try to take advantage of the varieties CAS offers.

Wild Bunch? That may be in the on-deck circle.

Haven't closed the door on smokeless. Just havin fun another way!

Shortcake was kind enough to capture me smokin up the town of Camden Mills at the ILIowa Irregulars monthly match at the Milan Rifle Club.

Many pards offered me guidance on this in person and through emails. Count Sandor and J-Bar were my main go-to guys, and my thanks to both!

Darkside1.0.jpg

Geese, I misread it and thought it said, “Death finally got to me”. Whew!

I shot about 3 smokeless matches when I started years ago. Then I saw the light.

Welcome to the church of the Holy Black! 

When I was a kid my 4-H shooting instructor who was a USMC Captain had us shooting BP....

For some reason it always gave me a splitting head ache. I hunt BP but that’s not the same thing. I load it once before season and just pull the cap everytime I put it in the pickup. It gets shot maybe a couple of times a year.

16 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I am envious. I cannot shoot the Black as my lungs do not respond well to it.

Have fun and enjoy yourself. :D

Hold your breath then. :P

How close are you to heal'n up(again)?

What's the word on your bike?

OLG

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Hold your breath then. :P

How close are you to heal'n up(again)?

What's the word on your bike?

OLG

Sending you a PM :)

Archived