SASS Wire Forum

Recommended rifle for first timer?

Exodus5

It is said a gentleman always remembers a lady's birthday, but forgets her age.  ;)
I'm 68, she is three younger.

Back on topic:  I picked up a Henry Frontier in 22LR specifically for training purposes.
It has the look and feel of our 1894CB, including the weight.

I'm surprised at what a nice rifle it really is.
I really do hope we have an upcoming buckaroo that we can get interested in the game.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

I don't believe that's correct. When would that have changed? I recently bought a pistol and a rifle, and entered on the same DROS. Last month

Was this a PP transfer?

OLG

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Were they 'new' from a FFL dealer? :huh:

OLG

It's irrelevant. I spent about an hour scouring the CA DOJ web site and there is absolutely nothing I could find regarding any kind of wait time between long gun purchases. Only hand gun. What's your source on the 30 wait for long guns?

15 hours ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

It's irrelevant. I spent about an hour scouring the CA DOJ web site and there is absolutely nothing I could find regarding any kind of wait time between long gun purchases. Only hand gun. What's your source on the 30 wait for long guns?

:huh:Did you read my post above yours? ;)

OLG

10 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

:huh:Did you read my post above yours? ;)

OLG

I guess not. Must have come in while I was typing. I’m not very fast, typing only slightly faster than I shoot

10 minutes ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

I guess not. Must have come in while I was typing. I’m not very fast, typing only slightly faster than I shoot

There's a 2hr time stamp difference between the 2 posts......:lol:

We both must 'shoot' at the same 'speed' ^_^

OLG

7 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

There's a 2hr time stamp difference between the 2 posts......:lol:

We both must 'shoot' at the same 'speed' ^_^

OLG

It’s possible. I tend to use so much bp, the smoke makes it impossible to read the timer so I never know exactly how slow I shout 

I started with rossi 357. It had issues loading 38 into receiver. It only like 357 cases. I loaded them down to 38 specs. This worked most of the time. I couldn't trust it in a match. Bought my 73 yesterday. Shot for first time today at our match. It's night and day difference. Save the money and by the 73...then save more money and have it slicked lol

Archived