SASS Wire Forum

Red Flag Fail

Lawdog Dago Dom

I don't think I would have given them my guns. All the authorities knew he was the wrong guy. As a LEO I would never have arrested someone or confiscated property from someone that I knew wasn't the person described in the warrant or paperwork. If the discreption was as far off as the story claims, there would have been a lot checking done before proceeding. If the story is true I smell lawsuit coming.

9 hours ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

There will be more, many more. Most probably BS bogus calls done out of spite or malice or sheer ignorance.

This is NOT progress.

Hopefully if this gets passed at the Federal level a rational SCOTUS will strike it down.

1 hour ago, Dantankerous said:

There will be more, many more. Most probably BS bogus calls done out of spite or malice or sheer ignorance.

This is NOT progress.

Hopefully if this gets passed at the Federal level a rational SCOTUS will strike it down.

You are correct. If you have ever known a couple in a custody battle over kids, something like this would be readily deployed as a weapon by one side. Custody battles bring out some of the ugliest human behavior in adults. Doesn't do the kids much good either.

Archived