SASS Wire Forum

PULL THROUGH BORE CLEANER

Tequila Shooter

Does anyone know who makes a bore "snake" for a .45 Long Colt for a rifle?  Everyone I've seen says it's for pistol, too short for rifle.  Would one for a .410 shotgun work?

Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/Cobra-45-70-416-Cleaning-Snake/dp/B06XYV4PB8/ref=sr_1_5?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_qv2vb6N5AIVF6rsCh3geQJ9EAAYASAAEgLxM_D_BwE&hvadid=178138374906&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9030437&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=15647078853874389371&hvtargid=kwd-109487182367&hydadcr=9657_9895554&keywords=bore+snake+45-70&qid=1566168010&s=gateway&sr=8-5

Even though the pistol version is shorter, it will work in a pinch for a rifle.  Simply cut the cord section in the middle and splice in a piece of cord long enough to clear the muzzle of your rifle and you're in business.  I've done just that a couple of times in the past to get thru a match.  I use a bore snake after every stage in my rifle(I shoot BP) and have now learned to carry an extra rifle length in my possibles bag, but the pistol snake saved me in the past.

4 minutes ago, Titus A. Gnatsass, SASS #71705 said:

Even though the pistol version is shorter, it will work in a pinch for a rifle.  Simply cut the cord section in the middle and splice in a piece of cord long enough to clear the muzzle of your rifle and you're in business.  I've done just that a couple of times in the past to get thru a match.  I use a bore snake after every stage in my rifle(I shoot BP) and have now learned to carry an extra rifle length in my possibles bag, but the pistol snake saved me in the past.

Several of the pistol ones I have are long enough to work with a 20 in rifle barrel.

I picked 'em up at my LGS, .357 .22 and 12 gauge. Most LGS should have them. 

Archived