SASS Wire Forum

WTB a Marlin or similar in .356

Preacher Cas

My wife has decided she wants to try her hand at cowboy action shooting.  She has fired my Uberti lever gun chambered in .356, and feels that it is too heavy for her.  She shot a Marlin after my last match and felt it to be a better fit for her.  I shoot 38/357 and it makes sense to look for something in the same caliber.  Any suggestions?  As you can tell by my number I a fairly new to SASS, but I'd appreciate your thoughts.

The Marlin 1894c (carbine) with 18.5" barrel is the lightest and handiest cowboy gun I can think of. It will only hold 9 357 Magnum but 10 38 Special will just fit if not loaded too long.

https://www.marlinfirearms.com/lever-action/model-1894/model-1894c

They occasionally come up for sale here in Classified.   You may check out the Merchants forum also. 

Have a Marlin cowboy competition, 38 spl, very smooth and nice. Has been worked and is a widdermatic according to who bought from. Runs very well. $1250 shipped.

Got one of what warden was saying to ya-------Wife wanted to shoot a few years back----then she changed her mind about shooting------anyway part of what  I bought for her was a new Marlin 94c--18 &1/2 in barrel----357/38 spec.-----excellent condition---pristine shape-----only had 2 or 3 hundred rounds fired thru it-----J.M. stamped-----s/n starts w/ 98 so that makes it mfg. date in 2002-----Red Head hard plastic carring case-------shipped to your ffl for $900------Dirty Low Down    Oh yeah if ya looking fpr pistols for the Mrs  I got an excellent pair of stainless single six 32 H&R mag Rugers

Archived