SASS Wire Forum

How Long Does it Take...

...to clean up 400 sq feet with a leaf blower?

Storm came through last night, leaving the usual detritus of twigs and leaves. Next door neighbor has been blowing off his pool deck for the last hour and three quarters. He could pick up the stuff by hand in less time. As I write this, he's now fired up the vacuum. Trying to have a nice Sunday morning coffee with wife. 

Nothing new here though. This guy LOVES his leaf blower and vac. We dread the fall because he'll be out there nonstop from morning till dark.

Ahh, life in suburbia. 

I used to just wait till the lawn needed cutting, then mow with the bagger attached and collect the grass and the lawn trimmings.

Nicely gathered, shredded, slightly compacted and easy to compost.

10 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Nothing new here though. This guy LOVES his leaf blower and vac. We dread the fall because he'll be out there nonstop from morning till dark.

Ahh, life in suburbia. 

Did you ever think he might have a reason to be outside from morning till dark?

You never really know what goes on behind closed doors. :o

Time to open your doors and windows, crank up your stereo with some heavy metal,  put in your earplugs and enjoy the war!! :ph34r:

There used to be a Hispanic man that lived in an old travel trailer in the avocado grove across the road from my house. He would sing Mexican opera when he was around his camp and he did it very loudly. One day I’d had enough and I cranked my stereo, that I listen to in my shop, up to full volume with CCR, Three Dog Night, Stepenwolff, etc.. and let it play. I had ear plugs in and my wife got home from work and thought I’d gone nuts listening to the loud music like that, but I let it play until evening and shut it down and the guy never sang his opera loudly again. I believe he got the message.

I had a neighbor with a similar disability.  Absurdly loud stereo on week-ends; lawn perfection crew with mowers, leaf blowers and line trimmers twice a week.  But the real deal breaker was the high powered car detailer vac, run in reverse, to blow the water droplets off of his Cadillac Escalade after he washed it every 2-3 days.  Sounded like a jet engine test from 50' away. A job I could have done (silently) in 15 minutes with a good chamois.  Without a $1000 electronic blower.

LL

10 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Time to open your doors and windows, crank up your stereo with some heavy metal,  put in your earplugs and enjoy the war!! :ph34r:

Better yet, go to your local Scottish Clan chapter and invite the student bagpipers to practice at your place.

I recommend you go shopping while they're doing it.

Trust me on this. 

2 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Maybe that is how he gets some alone time. :o Do you ever see his wife out there helping him?

No, and his wife is a most unpleasant person, so I don't begrudge him is time outdoors.

My irritation comes from the obsessive-compulsive use of outdoor power equipment right outside our tv room, particularly during the evening. He also uses a large riding mower on a lot that can be mowed with a push mower in 30 minutes. He mows the yard twice each time, followed by the leaf blower and vac. During the fall, he just drives and drives. bet he's got 80,000 miles on that that thing. When not mowin' and blowin', he's using a gas power washer on his pool deck. As I said, he often goes until dark.

Wonder if he'd considered an eco-friendly push reel mower, rake and a hose? He could spend more time outdoors that way. ^_^

Loophole, I feel your pain. 

7 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

It sounds like you need a new hobby.

I recommend outdoor night carpentry.

Very calming.

It sure is! My circular saw is very calming at 10:00pm! 

On August 18, 2019 at 12:27 PM, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

...to clean up 400 sq feet with a leaf blower?

Storm came through last night, leaving the usual detritus of twigs and leaves. Next door neighbor has been blowing off his pool deck for the last hour and three quarters. He could pick up the stuff by hand in less time. As I write this, he's now fired up the vacuum. Trying to have a nice Sunday morning coffee with wife. 

Ahh, life in suburbia. 

Perhaps his leaf blower is the only way he has to drown out his wife's nagging?

Archived