SASS Wire Forum

ACES scoring APP?

Matthew Duncan

Picked up a newer iPhone.  Anyone know (is it possible) to copy the ACES APP from my iPad to my new iPhone?

There is this app created by the same company that created ACES.  It may be easier than Practiscore and is now free. Not quite as easy as ACES and will run on IOS 11.  Check it out.  

https://129bit.com/cas-scoring/overview/

Sorry gentlemen, a different scoring program ain't going to work.   Must use ACES, I sync with the club's iPads as soon as the match is over.  Home, unloaded Gray, change clothes and then the scores are posted on their web site (usually 1 to 2 hours after the match).

Now if'n one of y'all want to donate 4 iPads and pay for a new scoring program for the club, they'd more than welcome your generosity I'm sure!

6 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

Sorry gentlemen, a different scoring program ain't going to work.   Must use ACES, I sync with the club's iPads as soon as the match is over.  Home, unloaded Gray, change clothes and then the scores are posted on their web site (usually 1 to 2 hours after the match).

Now if'n one of y'all want to donate 4 iPads and pay for a new scoring program for the club, they'd more than welcome your generosity I'm sure!

Is there some reason you can't switch to Practiscore on all the club's iPads?

The latest release of Practiscore is getting closer to what Aces was and is pretty simple. Also syncs with Android's or iPads.

33 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

Eventually you will have no choice.  ACES hasn't been supported for several years. Practiscore should run on your existing ipads no problem.

Just as well switch now to something that appears to have a long term support plan. All the other alternatives will only last as long as the sole developer keeps it going. Practiscore is funded by the same people that support IPDA, USPA, Steel Challenge and three gun competitions. Has a whole team of developers and they have been responsive to our requests which is pretty nice of them considering how SASS has contributed to its development and sustainment. 

Yes, the club will have to change soon.  Better to do it now before being forced into it when no devices can be found that will run aces.  Practiscore IS what aces rolled into.  And it will run on your ipads.  Aces was great and had a lot going for it but its unstable as heck on android now and only still works at all on old ios devices.  Practiscore is getting consistent updates since it handles most of the major shooting sports.  If you can run aces you can run practiscore they seem to be closely related as the menus and functions have similar style and layout. You just have to learn the differences in match setup.  We switched a while back.  It was worth it in the end.  Practiscore is way more resistant to crashes, does less weird stuff to matches and does a better job outputting for printing.

We loaded Practiscore on all our older tablets and bought a couple of new tablets. 

Syncing is done the same way.

I don't believe you can find an active download site for ACES even if you buy older tablets from ebay.

I recently bought a new iPad several months ago and loaded Practiscore on it. Started to use it on our Wednesday matches, a lot less people, to feel it out. Still use Aces on our larger matches on Sunday. There are a few things I don't particularly like about Practiscore but not enough to not switch to it entirely in the next few weeks. Did I mention that you can download Practiscore for free.  

Archived