SASS Wire Forum

What Ticks Me Off........

4 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

The lime in the beer idea came from a bartender who sliced up lime wedges and stuffed them in the necks of bottles to keep the flies from getting in them!!  He had plenty of limes and no other use for them!!!

So the flies lay eggs in the lime wedges

2 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

So the flies lay eggs in the lime wedges

'Swhy nobody with any sense eats the nasty things!!!

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

'Swhy nobody with any sense eats the nasty things!!!

Wedges or flies??

23 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

While we're at it, how about the person taking up the whole isle at the grocery store with their cart parked sideways and their fat rump in the way!??:angry:

I was in our local Grocery store about a month back. Some lady was talking on her cell phone, standing in the middle of the isle with five or six people backed up each way. I asked her, "Can you please move?"

She replied, "How rude!"

So I told her that rude was blocking the isle with no regard to the people around her.

The lady went to the curtesy desk and complained to the head cashier...who happened to be my daughter-in-law. :D

9 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Wedges or flies??

YEAH!!

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 6:34 PM, Ozark Huckleberry said:

Why would cops stop someone legally passing?

I had to go to court once to contest a ticket I got for legally passing someone. I won, but I shouldn't have had to remind them about the law in the first place.

My driving pet peeve is probably the idiot who pulls right out in front of me from a perpendicular road or easement, forcing me to slam on my brakes, only for him to travel a couple hundred feet then pull into another road or easement. I drive through a farming area and it happens to me every single week. :angry:

Oh oh! Sixgun just reminded me.  This really ticks me off. The nine-mile road to my house doesn't have paved shoulders, has a double yellow line all of the way, and only has two turn outs. It is a favorite for bicycle riders. One rider got killed several years ago when he passed a tractor on a blind corner. Yet they still ride on it.

They won't even pull over in a driveway.  The other day, one kept waving me to pass like I was the one with a death wish. :o

14 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Oh oh! Sixgun just reminded me.  This really ticks me off. The nine-mile road to my house doesn't have paved shoulders, has a double yellow line all of the way, and only has two turn outs. It is a favorite for bicycle riders. One rider got killed several years ago when he passed a tractor on a blind corner. Yet they still ride on it.

They won't even pull over in a driveway.  The other day, one kept waving me to pass like I was the one with a death wish. :o

The road to my house is only half as long as yours, but still the same thing, no shoulders, and no centerline. I despise bikers who use our back potted country roads and take up prized space. If I was a biker, I'd be using the smoother city roads and not the back-woods ones in dire need of repair. I told my wife I was going to put a spring mounted fishing pole on the side, to pop bikers on their bottom sides. Just a thought but it would be fun. :D

4 hours ago, Shootin' Shu said:

People who drive in the left most lane with their cruise set at the speed limit minus 1.  The left lane is not for cruising. Forcing people to pass on the right isn't cool.

More often than not the left lane camper is a new driver or old person who thinks being in the far-left lane means they're out of everyone's way so they can drive slow.

On 8/17/2019 at 9:01 PM, DocWard said:

Or people who drive slow in the left lane.

Hey DocWard,

At least some salesmen are trying. ;)

1648912177_ObjectsinMirror.png.4b915ecc11826975eebe045d3edc28cf.png

Archived