SASS Wire Forum

What Ticks Me Off........

Ordering a beer at a Mexican eatery and it come with a lime stuck in the bottle (good beer doesn't need LIME!), drivers not making a signal when they turn, junk mail, phone calls when someone wants to sell me something...........

I'll quit whining now......................LOL

No fruit salad in your beer...Check! ;)

I feel the the same way about lemon in my water. Besides that, lemon wedges in restaurants have been known to not have been properly cleaned and processed. There was a study done a few years ago that showed that high levels of bacteria and contaminants on improperly prepared lemon wedges. That study changed the way restaurants prepared lemons but for me, the damage was done. I do not want lemon in my water. Period!

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/lemon-aid/

Don't really know for sure but was told the lime wedge was to clean the rim of the bottle before you drink NOT stuff in the beer, that is disgusting!!       GW    

28 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Odd Man OUT  :wacko:   I happen to like a Lime Wedge in my Corona  :wub:

I no longer drink Mexican beer in clear bottles.  The last time I bought a case of Corona, there was glass in one of the bottles. I picked it off my tongue and got some of it embedded in my thumb. I went to the doctor and he couldn't find it. It hurt for months.

They paid me $500 to release them from liability. That was 2015 and my thumb no longer hurts. So, I guess, all is well that ends well,

3 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I no longer drink Mexican beer in clear bottles.  The last time I bought a case of Corona, there was glass in one of the bottles. I picked it off my tongue and got some of it embedded in my thumb. I went to the doctor and he couldn't find it. It hurt for months.

They paid me $500 to release them from liability. That was 2015 and my thumb no longer hurts. So, I guess, all is well that ends well,

I was going to say something but decided just be quiet.....I like being on the wire...

Texas Lizard

4 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Odd Man OUT  :wacko:   I happen to like a Lime Wedge in my Corona  :wub:

I find Corona to be completely unpalatable. I do enjoy Tecate, however. Even with lime. 

8 hours ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Ordering a beer at a Mexican eatery and it come with a lime stuck in the bottle (good beer doesn't need LIME!), drivers not making a signal when they turn, junk mail, phone calls when someone wants to sell me something...........

I'll quit whining now......................LOL

I agree with all the above and let me add people that drive on my ass!:angry:

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Or people who drive slow in the left lane.

1 hour ago, DocWard said:

Or people who drive slow in the left lane.

Or people who drive on my ass when I’m driving slow in the left lane. :lol:

7 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Or people who drive on my ass when I’m driving slow in the left lane. :lol:

With your left blinker on??:lol:

How about phone calls  that put you on hold for the next available agent. :angry:  :angry::angry:Then they want to renew a warranty on a vehicle I never owned.

While we're at it, how about the person taking up the whole isle at the grocery store with their cart parked sideways and their fat rump in the way!??:angry:

13 minutes ago, Calico Mary said:

my rump isn't that fat Rye.....:P

No it isn't, in fact it's kinda.........oops I better stop right there, I'm liable to get kicked off the wire!:lol:

We're not big consumers of alcoholic beverages.   We usually have some St. Louis beer in the refrigerator for that occasional pizza or BBQ.

But we were in Buffalo Wyoming last spring and walked past a store that had a big sign up advertising Moose Druel beer. The whole idea just begged trying.  But they were out at that time.   We found some later at our local grocery store and become hooked on it.

https://bigskybrew.com/beers/moose-drool/

Mary likes the Antelope Ale or,  as they call it,  India Pale Ale. 

1 hour ago, Calico Mary said:

I don't think the word 'scrawny' has been banned....yet....:unsure:

I wouldn't say it's scrawny but then again I never really saw it!:lol: It's gotta be better than these big huge ones that are walking around!!

The lime in the beer idea came from a bartender who sliced up lime wedges and stuffed them in the necks of bottles to keep the flies from getting in them!!  He had plenty of limes and no other use for them!!!

7 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

With your left blinker on??:lol:

No. I leave the right one on. Keep’s em from passing me on the right. ;)

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I wouldn't say it's scrawny but then again I never really saw it!:lol: It's gotta be better than these big huge ones that are walking around!!

Rye,

Check with White Eagle as he seemed to get pretty chummy with Calico. (Blatant thread promotion:blush:

22 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

A nice girl accidentally bumped into my trailer hitch just yesterday! I had to brake rather quickly due to a dog that ran out in the road. Dang thing ran off. It didn't hurt my hitch at all.

Archived