Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Subdeacon Joe

Military Nurses

Recommended Posts

All nurses are special people. I'm married to one close to 25 years in a few weeks. I've worked in 3 hospitals, I don't want their job.

JHC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knew one from the Second Disagreement, Pacific theater.

She said she wore trousers and a .45 automatic.

She said Old Slabsides was not for the enemy, at least not the two legged enemy.

She said she wore it and used it to very good effect against jungle rats.

She refused to elaborate further, and in the years that followed, I realized that meant there were things she didn't want to talk about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All nurses are angels.

When I encounter a nurse that has forgotten why she or he started into that vocation I treat them nicely so maybe they’ll remember. I have never met a nurse that hasn’t said they do what they do because they want to help people.

God bless them all. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

Knew one from the Second Disagreement, Pacific theater.

She said she wore trousers and a .45 automatic.

She said Old Slabsides was not for the enemy, at least not the two legged enemy.

She said she wore it and used it to very good effect against jungle rats.

She refused to elaborate further, and in the years that followed, I realized that meant there were things she didn't want to talk about.

My dad was a WWII vet, he didn't talk about it a whole lot neither. He did say it was good to know the supply sgt. (?) and could get a .45 to take when they had to hit the foxholes at night. He was a cook, didn't see a whole lot of combat action, but I guess at least some of that went with the territory in the S. Pacific. He got a CIB for something or other.

JHC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

My dad was a WWII vet, he didn't talk about it a whole lot neither. He did say it was good to know the supply sgt. (?) and could get a .45 to take when they had to hit the foxholes at night. He was a cook, didn't see a whole lot of combat action, but I guess at least some of that went with the territory in the S. Pacific. He got a CIB for something or other.

JHC

CIB is awarded to Infantrymen only. That would indicate at some point he was not a cook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

CIB is awarded to Infantrymen only. That would indicate at some point he was not a cook.

If someone asks what I did and I don’t want to talk about it, I would feel quite free to say I was a cook. Nobody asks a second question.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.