SASS Wire Forum

Need info for Mec 9000

Renegade Ripley

Been using lee load all.  Moved into Mec 9000  want to load 12 ga  low noise low recoil 

using Winchester AA hulls  Red dot powder and 7/8 oz  7 1/2 shot 

What powder and shot bushings do I need?

Thanks  Renegade Ripley

I use Promo most of the time.  What is the weight of the load of Red Dot that you use for this load?

RR

Thanks for the info.

NCD

On 8/16/2019 at 9:30 PM, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Don't trust the bushing to throw the powder weight it says it will.

Why many folks go for the universal powder bar.

You can adjust for powder and shot.

OLG

I don't know. You cant really trust the charge bar either to consistently drop the charge weight the charts  for them say either. The bar just makes it easier to adjust. At the end of the day, the bar and the bushing do the exact same thing, create a set sized cavity below the powder and shot bottles to measure by volume. I do find the charge bars simpler to deal with though. Whether you use a bar or bushing, weigh your charges to see what they are actually throwing.  And adjust to published load data charge weights. The bar makes it able to fine tune this down real precise. Bith kind operate like them Lee powder measures that work on a  powder thru expander die. I wouldn't use any volumetric powder automated powder measure on a full powder load, but for light target, they work well enough.

But the best place I found to set up a MEC 9000 is here (everything in GREEN is a link to click on, with pictured turotials):

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=257155

And I will say, the setup procedure for the brand hulls did help smooth things out on my 9000, getting the brass sized proper. It made my hulls  load and shuck more consistent, I was getting sticky brass.

I have had very little variance in both the powder and shot throw on my 600jr in the 25 years I have run the universal charge bar. The charge bar also comes with a powder baffle..........

I do check shot and powder 'throw' with a scale.

OLG 

Archived