SASS Wire Forum

7th Annual Return of the Buffalo to the Range

Sixty-Nine Cent Wizard

The Briggsdale County Shootists  proudly announce the "7th Annual Return of the Buffalo to the Range" cowboy shoot.  We start Friday September 13, 2019 with registration,

RO1/RO2 classes, four warm up stages  and side matches.   Side matches consist of  the normal speed contests,  the Briggsdale County  Annie Oakley event, .22 Buffalo Arcade,  and our unique Medusa event for the 2019 top male and female bragging rights.   Long range enthusiasts can test our 600 yard long range.

Saturday September 14th brings six close/fast main match stages,  additional long range if needed, and don't miss the Cowboy Street Fight.

Sunday September 15th brings Cowboy Church followed by six more stages.    An awards ceremony ends the day with all winners receiving Briggsdales unique Buffalo award.

We believe we have prepared a great shoot and a fun weekend,  We invite you to experience the fun and share it with your cowboy friends .  Check out our website for additional information.

Respectfully,

Wizard

This is one of the best shoots around. The team there does an amazing job. Their monthly shoots are phenomenal. 

And there just aren’t words to describe their annual. Top-notch,for the quality of the shoot they should charge a lot more. 

If you haven’t been here you’re missing out big time. 

Oak Creek Martin 

Briggsdale has great stages with Cowboys and Cowgirls from all over who enjoy challenges and fun. Sixty-Nine Cent Wizard, Kid Bucklin, 22 Gatling, Mellonhead, Short Barrels, and crew do it up right. It's a bunch of good ole Guys and Gals intent on being safe and providing a bit of everything in terms of stage setups, and side matches (just don't shoot the Ducks in the Pond or the Rabbits on Stage 5).

"Come one come all" to 3 days of fun and camaraderie at Briggsdale's Return of the Buffalo. September 13th to 15th. Check out the web site:  http://briggsdalecountyshootists.com

Wizard and Kidd put on a well run annual Match.  Always a great time. Pup, Pecos and I are all signed up.   Assasin I agree with you the street fight is a blast. I wonder what Badger and  Jinglebob have in store for us this year.    

Grey Dog

Y'all still have 3 weeks to get signed up. Lots of movement, lateral and downrange. Great long range and side events. And, the "Street Fight". 12 main match stages. What's with that 10 stage or less main match crap anyhow? 

21 minutes ago, Assassin said:

Y'all still have 3 weeks to get signed up. Lots of movement, lateral and downrange. Great long range and side events. And, the "Street Fight". 12 main match stages. What's with that 10 stage or less main match crap anyhow? 

No kidding!!!!

Looking forward to my first annual match at Briggsdale!!

7 hours ago, Marshal Jack Murphy SASS #32018 said:

We are getting closer to the great shoot. The stages are now posted on the Briggsdale County SHootist Web Site.

Thanks Marshal Jack, it helps to begin the process of walking through the Stages. There are some really challenging sweeps and the Briggsdale Team has given a great deal of thought to make it just right for all of us. Let the Games begin!

12 hours ago, Assassin said:

Dang, they're giving away a couple 650 Dillon presses and a Henry 22 lever action on each posse, good stuff! I like a club that gives back to the shooters.

That's impressive!

In addition to side matches and practice Stages, there are RO Classes on Friday. I was fortunate to go to RO I at Hell on Wheels and looking forward to RO II at Briggsdale. I am learning what I put into the game returns many fold in the fun I get out. I consider it a sign of respect to the long-time shooters for me to learn the rules of the road and the roles in a Posse.

Wizard & Kid --

I can't tell you two how much it pains me to miss this match & your company. I hold you two in the highest regards possible. If there was any way I could shoot the match I would be there if I had to walk. Know that I miss you both greatly. All the best & say howdy for me to all the misfits .....   :wub:

There’s still plenty of time to get ready. Don’t worry about online registration.  You can register the day of the shoot. Don’t miss it it’s one of the best. See y’all there !

Had a great time at the 7th annual Return of the Buffalo to the Range. Good 12 stage main match, food, plenty of side match shooting.

Kudos to Kid Bucklin, 69 Cent Wizard, 22 Gatlin, and all the others that host this match. Challenging stages with movement, a cowboy shooters dream.

And, they gave a gun out to someone on each posse. And, two of those new 750 Dillon presses. Another club that gives back to their shooters!

What a weekend! The crew at Briggsdale pulled it off again. What an amazing weekend.                  Perfect weather

,perfect stages,

awesome food.

Everything that you would ask for for a weekend of unlimited fun.  More side matches than you could possibly shoot in a day and a half’s time. The prizes  were over the top and  plentiful. The only hitch I heard of was a broken printer in the scoring shack. Everything ran flawlessly. We should’ve all been arrested for having that much fun! Thanks to the crew at Briggsdale for a great weekend !

Another great shoot put on by Kid Bucklin, 69 Cent Wizard, 22 Gatlin and the rest of the Briggsdale County Shootists. Next year will be the Colorado State Shoot September 11-13, 2020. You won't want to miss it.

Then scores are posted on Briggsdale County Shootists web site.

This event was a Class Act! Everything was well planned and executed. As the MD, Wizard worked toward this event for a full year - and it showed. Kid Bucklin was there with all of the administrative details, awards, supplies, etc. and he didn't even get to shoot. The "Jack of all Trades," i.e., 22 Gatlin was all over the props, stage setups, and distribution of support materials. Badger put some awesome thought into side matches and street fighting which was fun and challenging. I know there are many others who helped set it up and take it down and I hope to see their names here as well, such as Hawkeye Sam who was the Range Master.

The assignment of PM's was another outstanding choice. I shot with Posse #6 with Pick as the Posse Marshall and Avery Wade and Black Jack Ketchem doing most of the CRO/TO work. Everyone chipped in for all of the roles and it was a fantastic Posse. I had a blast trying to match scores with Clara Barton, Lil Chickadee, Tin Lizzy, and Buzzard Wawkin. We were within 3 or 4 seconds of each other every stage. In fact, TIn Lizzy, Clara Barton and I finished within 9 seconds overall.

My most important praise goes to Pinewood Rose and Tin Lizzy. During Saturday's shooting, it turns out, I was had some serious heart arrhythmia (which I thought was just Heat Exhaustion). This episode was bad enough that I am going in to have my heart shocked and an angiogram with possible stints on Thursday. Pinewood Rose and Tin Lizzy saw me having trouble and came to my rescue with water and getting me to shade. Pinewood Rose offered to let me lay down in her's and Pinewood Kid's trailer, and monitored me the next day. Friends, it doesn't get any more important than how Rose and Lizzy made sure I was okay.

Archived