SASS Wire Forum

Universal Background Check...

Texas Lizard

Our County Sheriff is a liberal progressive lesbian Democrat who refuses to hold illegal aliens for ICE, agrees that Austin is a sanctuary city and shows up at all the Mother Demand Action events here in Austin, makes me wonder if she would refuse to enforce Red Flag laws.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Muleshoe Bill SASS #67022 said:

Our County Sheriff is a liberal progressive lesbian Democrat who refuses to hold illegal aliens for ICE, agrees that Austin is a sanctuary city and shows up at all the Mother Demand Action events here in Austin, makes me wonder if she would refuse to enforce Red Flag laws.

Only if you're an ILLEGAL immigrant!~

53 minutes ago, Muleshoe Bill SASS #67022 said:

I think you already know the answer to that.

:huh:

The cops had a court order to confiscate my guns because my ex "was afraid", although I had done nothing for her to be afraid of. As I said, I was living my life and minding my own business. The 3 cops came into my apartment, had me get my guns for them, unload the pistol I kept loaded for self defense, and tagged each gun and my rifle. I did ask them if they had a search warrant, but they said if I didn't let them in they would just call in for a search warrant and wait outside my door until they got one. What could I do, they were just doing their job. Needless to say, I am not a fan of the red flag law, it is just one step closer to complete gun control, and a violation of an American citizen's 2nd Amendment rights. 

This is why I oppose red flag laws as they're currently written or proposed. Just one b****'s word is enough. There needs to be more evidence, such as two family members or an actual blood relative making the petition, not some vindictive ex who often is just the devil in prettier clothing.

56 minutes ago, Arizona Ranger Captain said:

The cops had a court order to confiscate my guns because my ex "was afraid", although I had done nothing for her to be afraid of. As I said, I was living my life and minding my own business. The 3 cops came into my apartment, had me get my guns for them, unload the pistol I kept loaded for self defense, and tagged each gun and my rifle. I did ask them if they had a search warrant, but they said if I didn't let them in they would just call in for a search warrant and wait outside my door until they got one. What could I do, they were just doing their job. Needless to say, I am not a fan of the red flag law, it is just one step closer to complete gun control, and a violation of an American citizen's 2nd Amendment rights. 

This sounds like a red flag law? Does Az already have this in place? Or was this just some type of court order process that already exists in most/all states?

Did they ask how many you had?

Did they already know having been provided some idea by the ex?

Did they warn you not to hold any back?

Did they give you a copy of an accurate inventory?

Sorry for the questions. This stuff is going to be front and center of a lot of people's minds going into the uncertain future. Information, knowledge, is useful.

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

This sounds like a red flag law? Does Az already have this in place? Or was this just some type of court order process that already exists in most/all states?

Did they ask how many you had?

Did they already know having been provided some idea by the ex?

Did they warn you not to hold any back?

Did they give you a copy of an accurate inventory?

Sorry for the questions. This stuff is going to be front and center of a lot of people's minds going into the uncertain future. Information, knowledge, is useful.

Thanks.

At the time I don't think AZ had a red flag law, it was 6 of 7 years ago. I think AZ is trying to get a red flag bill through the state legislature. This was a court procedure already in place, it was a restraining order the ex had placed on me because she remembered I had some guns and was afraid I might come after her.

I mean really, it was a year after we had been divorced and she just wanted to hassle me, she had no reason to put out the restraining order, and when I took her to court to drop the order and get my guns back the judge saw right through what she was doing. He even told her she didn't have any reason to file the order because I had not done anything to make her feel threatened. He dropped the restraining order that day, and told me I could go get my guns.  But if red flag laws are passed in each state this is what will happen and they won't even have to worry about due process, at least in my case I did have a measure of due process.

They asked me how many I had and what kind each one was.

The ex didn't know how many I had, she told them I had "a few".

I wasn't warned to hold any back, I just gave them all that I had.  (It is somewhat intimidating with 3 policemen standing there.)

They gave me a copy of what they took from me, and it was accurate, and I did get them all back.

Don't worry about the questions you've asked, any information that can be useful does help.

ARC

UBCs are just a slight of hand move to having a list of who has what 

RED flag laws pretty well show intent , to disarm everyone EXCEPT the crooks 

I fear one or both , will cuase greater division , in the country , that seems to be at odds already 

a house divided will not stand , and many just want to create further divide 

I DON'T know the answer , but this ain't it , 

Chickasaw 

Fox News just reported that Trump and LaPierre talked and background checks are off the table!

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Fox News just reported that Trump and LaPierre talked and background checks are off the table!

Although at first glance this seems like good news but there could be something much worse in its place.  At this point I choose to remain very cautiously optimistic.

President Trump and the Republicans must remember what happened to the democrats when they all voted for the '94 assault weapons ban.  Every Democrat that voted for it was unelected the very next voting cycle. Political pressure is a very powerful motivator when your job is on the line.

More importantly however I hope that truth and facts prevail over emotional hype and knee jerk, feel good reactions and hatred of the 2nd Amendment.

So I just posted this on another thread, but its worth repeating and sharing

SEC. 5. NEW TERMINOLOGY FOR THOSE WITH MENTAL ILLNESS.

Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is amended in each of subsections (d)(4) and (g)(4) by striking “adjudicated as a mental defective” and inserting “adjudicated with mental illness, severe developmental disability, or severe emotional instability”.

Now you may think the change is in the form of political correctness in the terminology, but it is most definitely not!

Under the new definition, everyone receiving disability benefits for mental health would be instantly barred from legal gun purchase, and the very broad definition change would make it very easy to deny people rights.  Anorexic- no gun for you Bulemic, no gun for you either, binge eater-nope, that is a mental health disorder.  Think I am overreacting?  Understand that when it changes in this statute, the definition can be carried over to future legislation without specifically being included.

Mental defective is a very narrow term

mentally defective

adjective Referring to a person who has been determined by a court, board, commissioner other lawful authority—as a result of marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition or disease—as one who:
(1)  Is a danger to him- or herself, or to others; or
(2)  Lacks the mental capacity to contract or manage his or her own affairs.

noun
(1)  A finding of insanity by a court in a criminal case;
(2)  A person found to be incompetent to stand trial, or found not guilty, by reason of lack of mental responsibility pursuant to articles 50a and 72b of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, 10 U.S.C. 850a, 876b.
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.

We should all be screaming bloody murder about this if we want to legally keep our guns.  

Up til now this huge change has been missed here, where most of us are pro gun and educated on the issues.  They will sneak that language into bill after bill until it slips in

Archived