SASS Wire Forum

CB 97 $795

Bdoc

For sale is my used CB 97.  The Cowboy 97 is the latest generation of 97s.  I bought this new from Johnny Meadows at Winter Range in 2015.   Shoots great, just selling to help pay for my new Lassiter 87.

Here are some features that make them so smooth. The Double cocker invention allows the hammer to not drag on the bottom of the bolt, like all Winchesters and earlier IAC models did. The Double Cocker is the secret that makes these new guns so smooth and not need action work. Spring loaded firing pin that will not allow the gun to fire unless cocked all the way back. Modified main springs, tapered to allow easy operation. 2 3/4" chambers that will handle magnum loads.

$795 plus $45 shipping

0BF1B9A0-7C49-4BD5-8BE4-EE4368048ABC.jpeg

43222D97-ECD4-42A2-9722-5BBE8BDF6304.jpeg

C008A8F1-E86A-4131-A08A-2C3AF86B66DF.jpeg

EF6062C6-B557-4928-A8D5-AAA8A122A94F.jpeg

9E49EF2C-6BBD-4D3E-8E45-73F668278FDE.jpeg

033EAB00-E998-45B4-9DE5-1088152DB47A.jpeg

DEDBDB12-2758-4622-835A-F8FD4E880E94.jpeg

D1EEEECE-E5FE-4175-8B27-9FD67059A0BA.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2019 at 3:47 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

BTT.

BDOC:  guess who has CB 101?   :D

..........Widder

@Widder, SASS #59054  Which one is that? The main or side match SG?  I liked your main match one it never missed :D

6 hours ago, Bad Company, SASS #20195 said:

Thanks. Is the bolt signed and numbered by Cap? Interested. 

Nope. He made a huge production out of the double cocker being so slick no work was needed, that was until IAC double crossed him and sold them to other wholesalers for half his price. Then only ones he sold were any good. 

Mr Barleycorn, part of what you said is correct. The double cocker was, and still is, a huge production. It is one of many reasons the CB 97's are so smooth right out of the box without any other work required. Another reason was the main components, ie bolt, receiver, and carrier were to be made by cnc production. In the first sample batch of CB97's that were sent to Cap, all internals were found to be correctly assembled with all cnc parts. They were extremely smooth and cycled flawlessly. IAC gave the chinese the go ahead for production.

450 were delivered to Coyote Cap and distributed to various dealers and onto the cas members. Most were very good guns but some had problems with ejection and feeding out of the mag tube. It was discovered the chinese were not using all cnc machined parts but were instead mixing old norinco parts with cnc parts thereby causing the feeding and ejection problems. The reason Cap started signing the bolts was to indicate which guns were checked and equipped with the modifications and updates.

In the background, not aware of the problems, IAC was monitoring the success of the sales of the CB97's and without warning imported another 1,000 of them. The chinese continued to build some with all cnc parts and some with norinco parts. Have you wondered why there were no more made? Because they ran out of norinco parts.

I would not call it a double cross but instead call it a very poor decision and lack of respect to Coyote Cap, the person that made trips to china on behalf of IAC to get the designs and help set up production of not only the CB 97 but all of the IAC shot guns.

And for the record, IAC did not sell them to other distributors for less. They sold them for more, so IAC could make more $$.

Sorry for the length of this reply but sometimes facts take up space.

OG,

I bought about dozen new IAC CB97’s from Davidson’s for $359.  Then when they closed them out I bought two dozen at $263 and sold them for around $350 as everyone seemed to have them by then. This was less than half the $599 price of the initial lot of 450.

This one my wife is selling is one of the first batch of 450 and I’m sure Johnny checked it all out. It’s a damn fine shotgun at a fair price for a CB97. Like you said there won’t be any more.  

When dealing with the Chinese Communists don’t be shocked when they lie, and cheat you.

My wife is just trying to get this shotgun sold, I really don’t want to get into Cap and his dealings with IAC.

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:27 PM, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

Nope. He made a huge production out of the double cocker being so slick no work was needed, that was until IAC double crossed him and sold them to other wholesalers for half his price. Then only ones he sold were any good. 

I am interested in buying a CB97. Do you still have it? Has any work been done on it?

Archived