SASS Wire Forum

Rossi 92 help.

I have a Rossi 92 45 colt that hangs up when feeding the case into the chamber.  It must be a sharp edge catching on the case rim because the rims of my brass have sharp burrs on them after shooting them.  also once in a while it will not release a case from the magazine tube.  This may just happen when cycling because it hasent done it when actualy shooting it, only while cycling dummy rounds.

Can you post a close-up photo of the ammo you are shooting?  Knowing what profile of bullet you are shooting and the type and amount of crimp would be helpful.

The dummy rounds may have issues that the factory Winchester rounds do not.

I know my snap caps can get scarred up and get sharp burrs on them.

Is the rifle new? Have any work done to it?

2 hours ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

Sounds like your extractor is scarring up your brass.

Best guy to talk to on this is Nate Kiowa Jones (Steve Young) at StevesGunz.com

He must be out this week, I have tried to contact him 

It's been a while since I shot Rossi's, but I do remember something about smoother operation. The lifter does not rise until the very end of the stroke. So if I didn't run the lever forward briskly I would have feeding issues. Might be something to consider.

How long have you had this rifle?

If you have had it a while was it working before or is this a new problem?

Please take a picture of the action from the top with the bolt open.  The picture needs to clearly show the cartridge guides.

Has the rifle had any action work? If so do you know what was done?

Does the rifle have the original plastic follower or has it been replaced with a SS follower.

I just got the rifle bought on gunbroker it was new old stock made in 2013 but never fired.   I sprayed it out with gumout and oiled it with remoil.  It shoots good but the cases hang up when closing the lever.  Jiggle the rifle a bit and they will feed.  I am sure something like the cartridge guides on the inside of the reciever is biting into the case rim.  I have the NKJ video at home I will review it tonight.  I actually sent NKJ a deposit for action work last year on another gun I no longer have so I want to send it to him for a tune up.  I talked to Steve about a month ago but have tried to contact him this week with no luck.  I guess he may just be gone this week.  I am sure he will call me back next week.

Archived