SASS Wire Forum

Is the NRA Dying?

Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663

The NRA is actually us. And WE THE PEOPLE should never stop fighting for all of the Bill of Rights.

Probably needs new leadership.

The NRA should be concentrating more on spending more on fighting anti-2A policies and proposed legislation instead of LaPierre getting paid almost 1 million per year and living a lavish lifestyle.

The Second Amendment Foundation and The Firearm Policy Coalition are very good groups to support.

The NRA has protected many many rights but it seems as if they are doing more "giving in" and compromising than they should.

8 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

The NRA is actually us. And WE THE PEOPLE should never stop fighting for all of the Bill of Rights.

Probably needs new leadership.

The NRA should be concentrating more on spending more on fighting anti-2A policies and proposed legislation instead of LaPierre getting paid almost 1 million per year and living a lavish lifestyle.

The Second Amendment Foundation and The Firearm Policy Coalition are very good groups to support.

The NRA has protected many many rights but it seems as if they are doing more "giving in" and compromising than they should.

So true.

Congress is not afraid of the NRA; Congress is afraid of gun owners that vote.

I support those as well as Gun Owners of America (GOA). they seem to have picked up the ball that the NRA fumbled.

9 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

So true.

Congress is not afraid of the NRA; Congress is afraid of gun owners that vote.

I support those as well as Gun Owners of America (GOA). they seem to have picked up the ball that the NRA fumbled.

Image result for no one fears a single bee gun control meme

I've been a life member of NRA since 1963, so have seen many internal battles come and go. Even if only a small portion of this young ladies speech is true, the NRA is in deep financial trouble. 

Lapierre needs to step down for the good of the organization. He ran the place while all these financial issues came up so he is in fact responsible.

I sent a letter to NRA asking him to resign. Not that that counts for much other than to make me feel good.

I had high hopes Lapierre would resign and Chris Cox would take over.  Well we see where that went......

As stated by others here there are other gun rights organizations here that deserve our support

Coming up on 2020 with all that is going on in Washington against gun owners and Liberty in general we need to have effective leadership on our side and VOTE VOTE VOTE !!

Just my thoughts,

MS

NRA Life Benefactor Member

NRA Life  Endowment member here. They have received all they will get from me until they turn things around. 

Several other more current pro 2A groups we can and should support.

This being said, I still will encourage people to sign up and become an NRA member. There still is strength in numbers AND when people put money into something, they A. tend to expect a voice and B. feel a pride in belonging. We need a lot more of this.

43 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Anyone else noticed the lack of emails from the NRA asking you to contact your representatives and senators opposing the latest round of gun control legislation?

I have received one. ONLY one in the last couple weeks.

I get the weekly NRA/ILA e-mail update!  It regularly asks for contributions when you sign in on any of the polls or form letters that they send to your representatives!!

I highly recommend that EVERYONE join the Second Amendment Foundation as soon as they read this!!  They are the most aggressive 2A organization in the legal arena!! When GOA, (another great organization to which i subscribe and belong) and NRA haven't stepped up for gun owners, SAF has been there and most often prevailed in the courts!!  They will attack the gun grabbers at every level, creating havoc for them at the municipal level as well as at the state and national plateaus!!

SAF=Good people!!! 

13 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Anyone else noticed the lack of emails from the NRA asking you to contact your representatives and senators opposing the latest round of gun control legislation?

What I've noticed is they have started moving all of this to the NRA-ILA pages...https://www.nraila.org/.

I am an NRA Life Benefactor Member / Golden Eagle Member.  The things discussed earlier in the thread is a lot of regurgitated old news / speculation that the board looked at a long time ago.  What was questionable was resolved.  I posted a notice from the past president regarding this a while back as well. 

Our opponents have taken a quote from Abraham Lincoln to heart and applied it very well because it does hold true. The easiest way to destroy a family, friendship, group, city or nation is to get its members fighting each other by any means possible: disinformation and propaganda.  It is used all over the world; just look at our society today and you will see it in action.  IMHO everyone here ought to take a deep breath, step back an take a good hard look at what is going on.  I don't care which group you belong or donate to, but belong/donate to one.  What I do care about is keeping our eyes on the ball and moving it forward.  Our future rights (yes I said rights - all of them) are at stake.  The 2nd was placed high on the list because it is a protection for all our other rights and If we lose the 2nd, the rest of our rights will not be far behind.  I could go on an on about this but I leave it with this thought - Take another look at our Constitution & Bill Of Rights, then Look at what's going on in our country.  While doing this think about how many rights are being violated by our opponents to achieve their ends.  You might also notice that they are not trying to hide what they're doing either. 

Charlie

By the way the Quote was: "A house divided against itself cannot stand."

As you can see from my signature, I'm a life member in the NRA.  I support the NRA with e-mails, letters and responses to their polling. I'm on a fixed income and money is not something I have any extra of.  I NO LONGER SUPPORT WAYNE LAPIERRE because I feel that he has stayed too long and has accumulated too much baggage!!  I'm NOT privy to the internal workings of the board of directors of the NRA, but it's time for them to clean house and get on with the business of protecting and securing our Constitutional rights. All of them!! 

Mr. LaPierre has become a divisive entity in the midst of some of the most important action in our history!!  I thank him for his past service, but I ask that he move on over and let newer, cleaner faces take the lead!! 

Apparently the NRA has come out IN SUPPORT of red flag laws?

Whaaaaaaaaat?

25 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Would it surprise anyone if the NRA came out in support of a new Assualt Weapon ban?

GAWD...I hope not.

If it does, I'll be requesting ALL my monetary donations back and burning everything I have that says NRA.

The 2A IS larger than the NRA. The 2A is larger than what gov't thinks it is.

1 hour ago, Dantankerous said:

GAWD...I hope not.

If it does, I'll be requesting ALL my monetary donations back and burning everything I have that says NRA.

The 2A IS larger than the NRA. The 2A is larger than what gov't thinks it is.

I agree, but they didn't fight bump stock ban and now not fighting red flag...

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Source/link PLZ.

OLG

Here is some discussion on the topic.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/03/contact-nra-about-not-supporting-any-red-flag-laws/#axzz5x0eOiSWg

And...

And...

All of that being said, even our presidents are limited in the term that they can serve.  After a while, no matter how well you serve, when you stay too long it leads to questions of legitimacy and to making yourself an easy target for claims of wrongdoing or ineptitude.

A good “spring cleaning” is in order here and it is time for a new figurehead!!

7 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

All of that being said, even our presidents are limited in the term that they can serve.  After a while, no matter how well you serve, when you stay too long it leads to questions of legitimacy and to making yourself an easy target for claims of wrongdoing or ineptitude.

A good “spring cleaning” is in order here and it is time for a new figurehead!!

THIS :excl:

It would be the 'rite' thing to do..........

OLG

Archived