SASS Wire Forum

Why Don't Gun Clubs Post Address????

Rancho Roy

14 minutes ago, Sawhorse Kid said:

My phone still bolts to the wall.  B)

Yeah Yeah Yeah. I'm still waiting for someone to say they still use telegraph service to relay messages to town

Just now, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

Yeah Yeah Yeah. I'm still waiting for someone to say they still use telegraph service to relay messages to town

We like to use smoke signals :P

Just now, Tyrel Cody said:

We like to use smoke signals :P

I gave the mayor a bat signal in my town and told her turn it on anytime there is trouble and I will be there. I guess the town got pretty safe since then because she's never used it

On 8/14/2019 at 12:58 PM, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

Most of the places I shoot at, there is no cell service. So gps wouldn't be of much use

Google maps has an option to download offline maps.  That's what I do when I go hunting because I have no cell service there. 

On 8/14/2019 at 7:33 AM, Rancho Roy said:

I've shot at a whole bunch of gun clubs all over the country. I go to their web sites and they have "Turn By Turn" directions to the club, but only one or two had actual address listed.

Even when I register for a shoot, some forms have T by T directions but no darn address!!

Some folks might have entered this century and own a GPS.................... :-)

Why the prohibition?

My main club (TRR) doesn't have an address.  At our previous location, we posted GPS coordinates (and that seems to work most of the time for other clubs) but it don't work now because you have to go down so many unofficial roads.  I invited a buddy out to the match and I gave him a set of about 4 or 5 coordinates to lead him around all the turns.  We were supposed to put a video on the website to show the path but I don't know if we ever did. 

I've only visited a few clubs, but that seems to be the norm for the places we like to hang out.  Some clubs shoot at actual 'open to the public' ranges, and I'm sure all of them have a good address.  It's just not possible for everyone. 

1 minute ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Google maps has an option to download offline maps.  That's what I do when I go hunting because I have no cell service there.

I didn't know you could do that. Here I am giving everyone a hard time, yet when I hunt I still use USGS maps and a compass. Guess I need to get with the times more.

1 hour ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

I didn't know you could do that. Here I am giving everyone a hard time, yet when I hunt I still use USGS maps and a compass. Guess I need to get with the times more.

Why would you do that when you don't have to worry about the batteries going dead. ;)

6 hours ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

I gave the mayor a bat signal in my town and told her turn it on anytime there is trouble and I will be there. I guess the town got pretty safe since then because she's never used it

I use something like that when I want to contact my wife. I call it on old bat signal:P

12 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Why would you do that when you don't have to worry about the batteries going dead. ;)

I hate it when the batteries of my compass die and I don't pack extra. i end up walking in circles.

Archived